The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-23-2011, 11:07 PM   #1
83burban

Center Console Advice Needed

I want to put a center console into my 83 suburban - bench seat. I have a cb-radio, a second smaller cb-radio, switch panel that controls various add-ons (some I have, some I know I will be adding), and plan on adding a flexible light and a couple other items.

Basically what I am describing is a communications console that you would find in your favorite police cruiser - but I have had NO luck finding a company that makes them for our era trucks. Does anyone know where to find such a console - I really like the flexibility and ease of break-down that they afford (since you can remove components very easily for repair or re-do etc.

I know there are universal models but I don't want gaps when its installed, and would really like one that wraps under the dash for a more complete look. I guess what I am looking for is if anyone knows where to look - I have called all the major manufacturers but no-one has anything for this truck.

I know its a long shot, but this board has always been helpful. If no-one knows, is there anyone on here who take some measurements and make one up if I sent some detailed drawings and requirements? Please let me know, and if you feel that you could make something I would be more than happy to compensate you for your time. Email would be better for the make it up person - mine is brimberk@garnet.union.edu

Thanks fellas
83burban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:10 PM   #2
83burban

Re: Center Console Advice Needed

This is what I looking to have - just for our era trucks.

Since it would cover the heater vents i would have 2 cut-outs on either side and run ducting to re-direct the vents so that the equipment wouldn't fry.

http://www.troyproducts.com/products...lespecGMC.html
83burban is offline   Reply With Quote