The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-21-2011, 11:33 PM   #1
tankerchief

New guy from Kansas

Hello all!
I have been checking out thisw forum for quite awhile for tips so I had to join. First thanks to all for all the great info posted here!

I have a couple project trucks. First is a 52 3100 that has been in the family sinnce new. My whole family on my dads side have learned to drive or have driven this truck. My uncle was going to junk it but I drove 15 hours to MS to get it. I learned to drive it when I was 12. My plan for now is to get it running and on the road. I just put in a running 216 and a 3" drop mono leaf. Have to get the brakes and fuel lines changed out next. I get an hour here and there to work on it so slow going.

Next I just bought a 69 C10 this weekend. It is running and in good shape. Only rust is in the rockers and lower doors. Has small spots starting to show but overall not bad for $1700, plus he threw in 4 rally wheels with good tires to boot as well. I need to drop it first then switch over to disc brakes in the front. Needs some better brakes for sure. After power washing years of dirt I am going to polish the paint and leave all the patina. I like the worn look. Oh yeah it came with the original owners manual and the first owner had tracked all the maintenance from 69-86 in it till i guess it was sold. Also have the original warranty ID plate with it as well. Original owner was from Shreveport LA.

That's it for my projects, always looking for great info and any help is greatly welcomed. Looking forward to meet you all!

69 pre wash

Post powerwash and ralley's

Warranty card

tankerchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:24 PM   #2
1ATony

Re: New guy from Kansas

Thanks for joining the site
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:26 AM   #3
70cst

Re: New guy from Kansas

tankerchief ... You have tow of my favorite years of truck. Glad to have you on board

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote