The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 07:22 PM   #26
petey-pablo
"THE GREEN GOBLIN"

Re: wtb: 68-72 big block 3spd/4spd zbar engine pivot

Quote:
Originally Posted by '72_GMC View Post
That code of conduct doesn't say anything about that, Jake said he thought he already bought one "duncan and son never came through" Just because he had this thread going for a year and half doesn't give him first right to buy every z-Bar Pivot in the country, Now granted, this is Jakes thread, and he certainly deserves some consideration, but WoW, I did say I would take it.

My original question remains, Jake said 2 Bolt holes on the block... for a small block there is 2, and while the Big block has the same 2 holes, that SB bracket will not fit, from the look of Jakes Photos, it looks like it will fit the big bolt and perhaps that oil port.

Maybe Jake won't want to answer my question any more while I'm trying to snake that part out from under him, but I can't even see how it works without one in my hand, sure would like to at least Borrow the thing so I could copy it. See my photo, where is the other bolt hole?
'72_GMC Im sure Jake or anyone else will not have a problem answering your question, When Jake gets off work and home to the nearest computer.
Front 2.5inch Spindles with 2inch Springs Rear 4inch drop Springs.
454BBC TH400,Posi

1971 Cheyenne 10 Long Fleet Side
454BBC TH350,Posi Sold

Drive it like you stole it!
Petey-pablo@sbcglobal.net
Old 12-09-2010, 07:51 PM   #27
'72_GMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckdude239 View Post
72 gmc you broke the rules plain and simple you high jacked someone else thread which is a no no and then went around the rules because you have to be a site supporter to post wtbs on here and posted in someone else thread
Whats a "wtbs"? seem to be allot of rules here.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:05 PM   #28
ka_jd7and1
is a fungineer

"Want To Buy"s

2003 S10, 2.2 auto- the daily driver, currently with a 2"/2" drop and some minor engine bolt-ons

1978 Impala 2-door, race 350/T350 - the new race car, in progress

1968 Chevy C10 longbed- 3/5 drop, currently undergoing a heart transplant
Old 12-09-2010, 08:31 PM   #29
'72_GMC

I see, well I didn't post a WTB, I Posted a question about this part in a thread, I asked how that thing bolts to the motor and was immediately offered the part, I have to either make one or buy one, I would prefer to buy it, so I said I would take it. My intent was not to Hijack anything or break any rules, I want to know what the smaller of the 2 holes in Jakes picture of the part is suppose to bolt to, I have no hole even remotely close aside from what appears to be a plugged oil passage. Certainly that passage could be Drilled and taped for a bolt, but I hesitate to do so without somebody assuring me it is suppose to be that way.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:52 AM   #30
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by '72_GMC View Post
I see, well I didn't post a WTB, I Posted a question about this part in a thread....
You did not start a "Wanted to Buy" post because you can not start a post in this Forum unless you are a subscribing member.

The fact remains that you took advantage of the post, and technically jumped the line over BIGJAKE97. If you had not broken the buyer/seller rule, Duncan and son would never have known that you wanted the part.

BIGJAKE97 has first rights to the part. If he passes, then its open from there.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"

Last edited by N2TRUX; 12-10-2010 at 12:53 AM.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:55 AM   #31
BIGJAKE97

wow! a lot of activity on this old thread all of a sudden!

first of, yes, i will take the bracket if you find it, southern parts. thank you. i've waited over a year and a half, so waiting for after the weekend is no problem.

second i never said that i bought one or even had one. i don't. i midified a small block one to work and would like to have origianl big block one. my last post on this back in may says that i'm still searching for one, four months after duncan and sons said he may be able to help. which he never came through. he said he had one or two but already sold one and was trying to get some made. maybe 72 gmc, you should try to get a hold of him and see what ever became of that?

no, i don't have every right to buy one of these brackets in the country, just every one on this thread!

thanks guys for all the support. -jake
76 gmc sierra 3/4t 4x4
62 bel air
01 blazer extreme
member 11,943!
Old 12-10-2010, 02:14 AM   #32
BIGJAKE97

72 gmc- yes, where you're pointing your finger to, there should be a threaded hole for that bracket. i believe all the 68-72 396/402 were drilled and tapped for that bracket, even the automatics. im guessing you have a later 454 or something that did not use that hole. the shift pivot stud on the 73 newers screwed into the bell housings not using that hole. saving time not drilling and tapping, save $$!?

what i have now, is a small block one that goes to another threaded hole that you can't see in your pic because the exhaust manifold is in the way. i had togrind the back of the bracket to fit around the shape of the block. i think i might of had to add a washer or two or three? between the bracket and the block. i knocked out the pivot stud and drill a new hole for it and welded in. you need the engine and tranny in the frame and a zbar to see where the stud needs to be. if you don't hve the bb zbar, you can use a 4x4 one. it's pretty much the same one.

i believe questions should be asked in the message board section, not the classified section!?
76 gmc sierra 3/4t 4x4
62 bel air
01 blazer extreme
member 11,943!
Old 12-10-2010, 02:17 AM   #33
BIGJAKE97

the only thing that i said that i had was the zbar/bellcrank.
76 gmc sierra 3/4t 4x4
62 bel air
01 blazer extreme
member 11,943!
Old 12-10-2010, 10:58 AM   #34
'72_GMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
You did not start a "Wanted to Buy" post because you can not start a post in this Forum unless you are a subscribing member.
OK, here we go again, I am not a member? what is the difference between my membership and a "subscribing member" do U need money for a Subscription? I have never tried to post a "Wanted to Buy" post. I was unaware that I could not or that this option is unavailable to me.

I used the Google link at the top of the page to find this thread, I did not look for nor want filters for exactly where I might find the information I wanted, I was not aware I was IN a "Wanted to Buy" thread, I am pleased somebody answered it, new threads generally go ignored, I have posted several without any response what-so-ever.

I have enjoyed coming here and reading about these trucks, The Forum is starting to look like a California Beach, if U have ever been to California, there is a beautiful white sand pristine beach with all the Trimmings and a giant bill board sign at the entry way, Bigger then my Suburban, There it lists all the rules for that beach. They ruin it for me, I don't go to those beaches as often as I would otherwise like. ICKY

Hey, maybe U could get a pop-up or something.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:09 AM   #35
timjt

I grew up in OC, I like your beach comment and agree 100%. I don't want to get on the wrong side of admin but I hate it when you're asking for help and accidently break a rule you never knew existed or forgot about. You can be having a great conversation and suddenly you ask if some guy has a part and you're breaking a rule!
Oh, and while I'm pushing my limits I may as well add that hijacking a thread seems to be very very much personal opinion, something that may be regarded as just continuing the train-of-thought on one guys thread may be considered a massive hijack by someone else.
Honestly the discrepancies and everyone taking stuff so personally is the reason I haven't become a paying member. I love the site and try and obey the rules but I don't like being attacked every time I make a mistake as a new guy.
(p.s. sorry for hijacking this thread)

1983 short n wide custom deluxe SOLD

1985 silverado longbed 305 engine 700r4

OH NO! NOT ANOTHER LEARNING EXPERIENCE!!!

"Just because you can do it, doesn't mean that you should"

Last edited by timjt; 12-10-2010 at 11:17 AM.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:29 AM   #36
'72_GMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJAKE97 View Post
72 gmc- yes, where you're pointing your finger to, there should be a threaded hole for that bracket. i believe all the 68-72 396/402 were drilled and tapped for that bracket, even the automatics. im guessing you have a later 454 or something that did not use that hole. the shift pivot stud on the 73 newers screwed into the bell housings not using that hole. saving time not drilling and tapping, save $$!?

what i have now, is a small block one that goes to another threaded hole that you can't see in your pic because the exhaust manifold is in the way. i had togrind the back of the bracket to fit around the shape of the block. i think i might of had to add a washer or two or three? between the bracket and the block. i knocked out the pivot stud and drill a new hole for it and welded in. you need the engine and tranny in the frame and a zbar to see where the stud needs to be. if you don't hve the bb zbar, you can use a 4x4 one. it's pretty much the same one.

i believe questions should be asked in the message board section, not the classified section!?
Thank-you Jake, I think that is the Clue to the puzzle I was looking for when I commented on your thread in the first place..... Is that hole U mentioned beside the plug for the oil passage by my finger in the photo or does it replace that oil passage? My '72 is an original 402, I suppose I could go crawl under it and look, if it would ever stop raining for a moment. The motor is the photo is a '75 454 I took out of a Low miles motor-home and dressed up for my '69 Suburban.

U can have the part, I didn't even know this was a WTB thread, only that it was very old, I did not know U still cared, seems I bumped it for U and turned up the part.

I have purchased a 5 Speed for my '72 which is an original 402/automatic truck and I have this 454 to go in my '69 Suburban, That truck is an original 3 speed with overdrive which I will keep, Point is, I need 2 of these Pivots, sure would be nice if U could send that part out and have it copied for me and doubtless other guys are looking too, U might even make some $$$ with the project.

In the mean time, the above question about the location of the forward bolt hole would be helpful and U said U had moved the ball stud on the SB bracket, UM... which way and how far?

OH, and finally, U said the 4 x 4 z-Bar would work, for which year should I order it?

Thanks for your help
Old 12-10-2010, 11:37 AM   #37
dan42

'72 GMC, you might want to put your question into the '67-72 message board if these guys don't know the answer - either there, or the engine/drive train section. Glad to see you guys worked this out.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:33 AM   #38
BIGJAKE97

with all the bumps and ttt (to the top) with pablos help, yeah i still care. last bump was in may.

i've heard at least four people say that they were going to go cast these or try to machine one, i still haven't seen any?

i actually have 5 speed behind my 402. a lot of work getting that in there.

i know someone who has 4 of these big block four speed clutch linkage setups. he won't sell one of them. he just smiles and laughs.

72 gmc i'll just pm you.
76 gmc sierra 3/4t 4x4
62 bel air
01 blazer extreme
member 11,943!
Old 01-07-2011, 07:04 AM   #39
petey-pablo
"THE GREEN GOBLIN"

Jake did this work out for you or do you still need some bumps?
Front 2.5inch Spindles with 2inch Springs Rear 4inch drop Springs.
454BBC TH400,Posi

1971 Cheyenne 10 Long Fleet Side
454BBC TH350,Posi Sold

Drive it like you stole it!
Petey-pablo@sbcglobal.net
Old 01-07-2011, 11:55 PM   #40
BIGJAKE97

not yet!

still lookin'

-jake
76 gmc sierra 3/4t 4x4
62 bel air
01 blazer extreme
member 11,943!
Old 01-09-2011, 01:40 PM   #41
southern parts

I haven`t forgotten about you. I`m in the middle of moving and haven`t had time to look. Woody
Old 04-24-2011, 01:26 AM   #42
BIGJAKE97

got the bracket a few weeks ago.

Thanks southern parts. i can't believe i finally got one! -jake
76 gmc sierra 3/4t 4x4
62 bel air
01 blazer extreme
member 11,943!
Closed Thread