The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-16-2011, 08:03 AM   #1
LDO

Weatherproofing HELP!

Ok,
so I got all the weather strip stuff in and started putting stuff together last night.

Vent window - got the weatherstrip and division post seal & felt installed. I can still see some gaps between the rubber and the vent window but I'm hoping that once the assembly is installed, things will tighten up a bit.

Door glass channel - how does this stuff get installed? I know there's a clip at the bottom of the door channel but over near the vent window, what holds it in? Is it supposed to fit inside the division post channel? Is it glued to the upper door frame?

Is the door glass the last thing to go in after everything else is in?

Thanks for the help!
LDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:59 PM   #2
noisey

Re: Weatherproofing HELP!

I cut my window channel flush with the division bar leaving a tab to the outside to help hold it in place. If that makes sense. The window channel that I used didn't have the metal tabs like the original stuff did, but the window garnish fits tight enough to hold it in place.
The vent wing/division bar goes in last, with the door glass laying inside the door on the brace. That's how it worked for me. Seems like I used a bungee to hold the glass up. At that point theres is little room to work.
Getting the rollers in the tracks and the division bar in place is a little tedious
noisey is offline   Reply With Quote