The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-25-2011, 04:44 AM   #1
Erik V

Thinking about taking my Jimmy to Sand Lake, OR-ORV tags where?

Like the title says, thinking about taking the Jimmy down to Sand Lake this next weekend for a local 4wd club's annual Poker Run. Dad's planning on taking his Willy's, I thought it'd be fun to see if my old truck can still roam around the sand fairly well.

So 2 questions: Anybody know where to get an Oregon ORV tag these days? I used to get them at GIJoes, but anybody around the Portland area knows these guys are long since outta business. I'm going to call the Dept of Lisensing tomorrow, maybe they'll be able to help me. Second question, I know the ORV sticker must be visible on the back of the vehicle. But I plan on changing rear bumpers out soon so that area is out. Soft top comes on and off too often, so thats out. Just leaves the tailgate, which I guess is my best option, but I hate permanently sticking something to virgin original paint. Guess it wouldnt really matter, its going to need restored at some point anyways. I wonder if they'd get mad at me for stickering some magnet material. That would do the trick. heh

Anybody else take these trucks to the dunes? Somewhere we have pictures from when I was a kid riding around Sand Lake while Dad wrote his name in the side of a mild hill. Which reminds me, I gotta go get his box of photos and start scanning.

Thanks

Erik
Erik V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:31 AM   #2
IGOR

Re: Thinking about taking my Jimmy to Sand Lake, OR-ORV tags where?

I would try any local ATV shop - if they don't have them, they would at least know where to get them. DMV probably has them. Remember you need a flag too.

I haven't take my rig in the dunes in a long time - last time I did was when the New Carissa beached on North Spit in Coos Bay, OR.

I used to run the dunes in my '75 K20 pickup all through high school though!

1972 CST K5 - Undergoing frame off, 8.1/4L80E/NP205, 3/4 ton, 8" lift, currently a pile of parts that when assembled resemble a Blazer
1972 K10 - Rust Bucket, TBD
1976 C10 SWB, 350 / T350

My blazer build thread:
https://ck5.com/forums/builds/72-k5-...17-update.410/
IGOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:43 PM   #3
mustardjimmy71
toys'r'us

put your sticker on the diff cover or axel tube
mustardjimmy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:07 PM   #4
themb2g

buy a piece of magnet sheeting, cut to fit, and stick it to that. then you can take it on and off as you please.
themb2g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:58 AM   #5
Erik V

thanks for the advice guys. I'm probably going to magnetize it, I have plenty of racing magnet material leftover for this little sticker. Not even paint will stick to the axle or diff cover, but I did get a chuckle out of that one.

I really gotta get back on my Baja Bug, that way my Jimmy can just play tow vehicle and not risk getting even more beat up that it already is.

Erik
Erik V is offline   Reply With Quote