The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-27-2011, 01:24 AM   #1
domestictuner

95 wheels on 86 dually?

can i put a set of OE wheels from a 95 dually on a 86 dually? i would like to use the newer factory center caps as well, but i am getting different measurements with my google tape measure.
I know the bolt pattern is the same, and i believe they changed the width after 2000. I am not sure on the hub size or if the wheels are hub/lug centric.

worst case, would i be able to drill the hub to use the newer lugs so i can use the factory lug nuts that hold the new center cap? I haven't found any conversion lugs with washers.

any info or advice is appreciated.

Last edited by domestictuner; 04-27-2011 at 01:41 AM.
domestictuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:15 AM   #2
BigBlocksRule

Re: 95 wheels on 86 dually?

Tagging along, looking to do the same on my '85. Already tried the later lug nuts, they're a no-go, I'd assume a lug swap would be in order if you want to use the later center caps as the nut covers have to thread over the nuts. AFAIK, the wheels are the same, I have some old white ones on my '97 and they fit fine.
BigBlocksRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:49 PM   #3
domestictuner

i found conversion lugs, to use the centercaps on the 9/16 lug, but none that have the washer for the dually setup
domestictuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 05:02 PM   #4
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

I bet if you used THESE lug nuts with your ’86 dually torque rings (the ring in between the lug nuts and wheel) you could use the ’96 hub caps. The ’96 wheels will fit without an issue, you just have to use the torque rings from the ’86…the center cap will be the challenge as I beleive they fasten to the wheel by threading the plastic lug nut covers over the actual lug nut. Again, I bet those evilbay lug nuts would solve the problem. These nuts are basically the newer style nut but with standard thread instead of metric.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote