The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-28-2011, 08:47 PM   #26
ctpchevy

Re: my pos 67 soon to be dd

Oh man I'm sorry to hear that if you need parts let me know if I have anything laying around I would ship it to you if it help out I just think in times like these as Americans we need to stick together snd help our brothers out ...... I think I have a booster from one of these trucks if you need it and a master cyl that could work for a core
Posted via Mobile Device
ctpchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:57 AM   #27
gearhead1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpchevy View Post
Oh man I'm sorry to hear that if you need parts let me know if I have anything laying around I would ship it to you if it help out I just think in times like these as Americans we need to stick together snd help our brothers out ...... I think I have a booster from one of these trucks if you need it and a master cyl that could work for a core
Posted via Mobile Device

to get the truck road worthy i ordered a master cly rebuild kit for $20 and will run stock for now thanks for the offer and i got plenty of cores lying around from projects and cars i scraped out (i will save weird stuff when i scrap them like a brake booster from a 90's Pontiac van)

well i know what i have will work i use the exact same ps pump and hydroboost unit on my jeep i installed the hydroboost on it because the stock dual diaphragm vacuum booster was not enough to stop the jeep when in low range since i swapped out the stock transmission transfer case and axles i now have a granny gear ford np435 4 speed 4to1 low dana 300 tcase and 3.73 axles (aka the reason for the 33's) i would walk through the stock brakes and tried several booster and master swaps to get the jeep to stop and stopped with hydroboost cause it works awesome

since i am using the truck as a tow pig for the jeep and a dd i want the best brakes i can get and i know hydroboost will work awesome now i got to make it work on a 4 wheel drum brake application not a 4wheel disc but i think the system will work because it will push an equal volume to all 4 wheels at a lot of pressure and stop very quickly even with drums as long as i don't blow the wheel cylinders

so now all i need to do is make it work with the stock ram style power steering i have never worked with that set up before and don't know how it will react to more flow
gearhead1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:41 PM   #28
gearhead1985

some more pics for your viewing pleasure

the shot interior but i got buckets just needs covers

the place for the new back window it has some rust issues but i cant afford to repair them the right way at this time but it needs glass since my uncle broke it he is paying me to install it

the hydroboost i will be installing

that bolts to the stock master a gift from my uncle for braking my back window

and my helper i just wish he could return the wrenches he takes

nad finally the power plant

a stock mid 70's car 350

but i just built this for another project

and wouldn't you know it will bolt right in
gearhead1985 is offline   Reply With Quote