The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-06-2011, 04:57 PM   #1
NCD1966

CPP Grand Slam Kit

I'm looking to order a complete 5lug disc brake and suspension kit. I was looking at CPP's Grand Slam Kit.
The price is not bad either.
I'm just wondering if you of you guys have bought this kit?
How did you like the parts and service, and ride quality?

A friend of mine has early classics, brake and suspension. Its low and smooth riding but they dont have a all in one kit.

Lets see what you got!
1990 Chevy Suburban 350 tbi 2x4 (sold)
1984 Chevy C10 sliverado short fleet
1997 Chevy C1500 short fleet
NCD1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:21 PM   #2
Clyde65
1965 Chevy C10, 2005 4.8L/4l60

Re: CPP Grand Slam Kit

Talk to CPPJeff if you decide to buy, he will give you a hell of a deal.

Rebuild of Clyde
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post8338184

69 Aristocrat Lo Liner build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post7561684

support our troops!
Clyde65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:35 PM   #3
gimmy 64

early classics does have the whole kit they just don't advertise it. call them and they will set you up
gimmy 64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:46 PM   #4
pdxhall

I bought the kit for my '66 LWB and have installed the front suspension but I have'nt done the back yet. I was very pleased with their survice and everything arrived when it was supposed to. I know some here have had problems with them but not me. I will buy from them again if what I need is the right price. I haven't driven the truck yet as you can see from the current photo. I got the 2.5 in. drop spindles, 1in off the front springs and 5 in drop in back.
Attached Images

pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:09 AM   #5
NCD1966

thanks guys I'll give both companies a call.
1990 Chevy Suburban 350 tbi 2x4 (sold)
1984 Chevy C10 sliverado short fleet
1997 Chevy C1500 short fleet
NCD1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 04:09 PM   #6
chevyguys
I Got it BAD!

ECE all the way!

I bought the Grandslam from CPP and had nothing but problems, missing items, bad parts, poor quality, and bad customer service.

My buddy bought the same kit from ECE about a month later. Everything was high quality, great service, no issues at all.

Just google CPP and you will find tons of people that have had problems with CPP. Try the same with ECE and nothing but great reviews.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:57 PM   #7
pdxhall

chevyguys, I would like to have more specifics on your quality and bad parts issues. I had no problems whatsoever with mine. Maybe I missed something.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:32 PM   #8
chevyguys
I Got it BAD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxhall View Post
chevyguys, I would like to have more specifics on your quality and bad parts issues. I had no problems whatsoever with mine. Maybe I missed something.
Overall I had a horrible time purchasing from CPP. There were many problems with the order that I won't go into as it would be more suited for the review section. However, If you look up my posts you will find several comments in the review section from me regarding my experience with CPP.

As far as the question goes regarding quality I had the following problems:

1. The rotors they sent had casting material left in them. Think of it as small metal bb's or metal sand. An attempt was made to clean it out but it just kept chipping off of the inside of the hub on the rotor.

2. One of the rotors was not machined on the outside edge of the hub, which would have kept the dust cap from seating on the rotor.

Because of the other problems I had I just threw the rotors away and bought new ones from my local checker auto parts store. I had no desire to Ideal with them any more

3. I ordered new lower a-arms. One of the caps of the cross shaft was cross threaded and destroyed on one of the a-arms

4. All of the bearings and seals were in a single bag and not protected in any way. Think of it like a clear zip-lock with all of the bare parts thrown in. One of the bearings was damaged (outer ring bent)

When my buddy received his ECE kit everything was name brand, Raybestos, Moog, etc. All bearings and seals were in separate boxes and were quality parts.

The stuff I purchased from CPP were of the "bulk" or "china" type of products.

I also had a problem with their power brake booster. The booster they sell for our trucks does not have a dust boot to seal the pushrod as it goes through the firewall (if you search my posts you will see pictures of this problem as well) this leads to a huge amount of heat and water coming through the hole. I eventually found a boot from another supplier. CPP offered to provide a boot that they had under development to solve the problem.. a year later and checking back twice.. the boot is still not available.

All that said.. I see that CPP has many followers and in all fairness this is just one order from them. During this process with CPP I did a lot of research on them and found lots of unhappy customers online. As I mentioned before just google them.

Last edited by chevyguys; 05-08-2011 at 06:33 PM.
chevyguys is offline   Reply With Quote