The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-12-2011, 08:15 PM   #1
TacBlade

How do I get the cardboard glove box out, without wrecking it?

Man I feel stupid asking this question, but this is the first time I have had to remove a new glove box? I have factory AC in the truck, so it makes it that much more difficult? Thanks for any help here!

I better also add that I am in the process of putting a new dash pad in. I may need some pointers on that also? It appears that I am going to have to take apart the entire dash itself to get it in there? Thanks!

Last edited by TacBlade; 05-12-2011 at 08:18 PM.
TacBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:35 PM   #2
Dunenutt
Newbee

Re: How do I get the cardboard glove box out, without wrecking it?

The glove box has always been a mystery to me. I usually end up shredding it on the way out. I just buy a new one to put back in.

The dash is held in with several small nuts. You should be able to reach all of them from the bottom. The ones behind the glove box are the only tough ones with the box in.
Dunenutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:25 PM   #3
TacBlade

well, I got the box out, but its a little bit torn in places? I got the nuts off the side of the glove box, but there is no way to reach up under the dash on the drivers side. AC duct hoses are in the way. I will have to take all them out and then put them back in. UPS man just pulled up with a couple boxes of stuff from Classic Parts, mainly my new dash pad. I guess while I am tearing up everything under the dash, I am going to pull out the cassette player and put in one of those classic looking digital radios and put in a nice Kenwood speaker up under the dash. This is going to take me many, many hours!!!!!
TacBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:53 PM   #4
ChevyLvr4Life

I just put in a dash pad last year, wasn't too bad. My glove box was crap anyway so I didn't take too much pains removing it. I took out the gauge cluster to reach the dash nuts on that side. I got lucky and was able to reach the nuts above the radio without having to remove it.

1970 Chevy C10 LWB 307 3OTT 3.73 gear
ChevyLvr4Life is offline   Reply With Quote