The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-06-2011, 01:47 PM   #1
CarJunkie

Growl! I can't seem to win! D.I.D.!

Damsel in distress here!

My truck got in an accident two weeks ago, and the insurance company is writing me a nice check. But, the lady bent one of the rims when she hit me, and I'm kind of upset at how hard it is to find these darn rims!

It's a 69 chevy c-20. So I need 8 lug, I need 16's, and I need four of them. (cuz all of them are pretty bad, but this lady just added more fuel to the fire) and I want the stock steelies.

I can find these suckers anywhere. Sure! I can get other ones, but nothing that can support a lip for the full moon hubcaps that I love so much.

Just wondering if anyone has had this same problem and what they did. My baby needs new shoes!

Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by N2TRUX; 05-07-2011 at 09:35 AM.
CarJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 03:20 PM   #2
Stricklinator

Re: Growl! I can't seem to win! D.I.D.!

Sorry to hear about your accident! I put Dodge wheels on my 69 C/20 just to get it rolling after taking off the original split rims, but I too want to find some original style wheels so I can put my hub caps back on. I bet they can be found at a junkyard, but I haven't tried yet. I would love to find out what wheels will work with the hub caps so please post it here if you find some.

Paul
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-06-2011, 03:39 PM   #3
CarJunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stricklinator View Post
Sorry to hear about your accident! I put Dodge wheels on my 69 C/20 just to get it rolling after taking off the original split rims, but I too want to find some original style wheels so I can put my hub caps back on. I bet they can be found at a junkyard, but I haven't tried yet. I would love to find out what wheels will work with the hub caps so please post it here if you find some.

Paul
Posted via Mobile Device
I will do! I'm am determined to find something! Cuz I really don't wanna go with weird aftermarket ones if I dont have to. I'll let you know within the next week or so.

Cj
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-06-2011, 03:59 PM   #4
Dunenutt
Newbee

On my 55' F-100, I used plain white spokes (wagon wheels). The full moon hubcaps fit great. Just an option if you cant find OEM ones.

I hope this is the caps you are talking about...
Attached Images

Dunenutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:05 PM   #5
Stricklinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
I will do! I'm am determined to find something! Cuz I really don't wanna go with weird aftermarket ones if I dont have to. I'll let you know within the next week or so.

Cj
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks,
I know that the 16.5" wheels will work with the hub caps, but those are hard to find tires for. I think a 8-lug wheel from a mid-70's truck might work, but I am not sure.

Paul
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-06-2011, 04:10 PM   #6
Stricklinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunenutt View Post
On my 55' F-100, I used plain white spokes (wagon wheels). The full moon hubcaps fit great. Just an option if you cant find OEM ones.

I hope this is the caps you are talking about...
Oops, for some reason I was thinking she was talking about the stock hub caps! If it is the full moon ones like yours, all you have to do is find a 16" steel wheel I would think and they made those for many years. I have a set of four plain 16" wheels from a more modern Chevy, but they don't have the provisions for the small (12"??) hub caps so I am still using my Dodge wheels for now.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-06-2011, 04:14 PM   #7
Dunenutt
Newbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stricklinator View Post
Oops, for some reason I was thinking she was talking about the stock hub caps! If it is the full moon ones like yours, all you have to do is find a 16" steel wheel I would think and they made those for many years. I have a set of four plain 16" wheels from a more modern Chevy, but they don't have the provisions for the small (12"??) hub caps so I am still using my Dodge wheels for now.
Posted via Mobile Device

I was going by her avatar.
Dunenutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:29 PM   #8
CarJunkie

Thanks guys. It gave me some ideas even if there was a bit of confusion I just need the lip on the rim so the jaws from the moons will fit on. But most steelies they are selling don't have the lip and most of the spacing is behind the rim so they look flat I guess you can say. But I also don't wanna spend so much in pretty rims when I just want to put the moon hubcaps back on ya know?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-06-2011, 08:12 PM   #9
Chitown_hillbilly

16" steels from 8 lug GM,Ford or Dodge will fit. Look for 70's-90's for the look I think ya want. Fords seem the most abundant.
Chitown_hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:31 AM   #10
70cst

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagecustom View Post
pm sent
If you are giving these away then all is cool...but...if you are selling these than this has become a FS thread which is a no no.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:39 AM   #11
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

CarJunkie

Please note that you must be a supporting member to post classified item. This includes but is not limited to What Its Worth, Want To Buy, Want To Trade, and For Sale. Please consider supporting the forum by subscribing. Further information on the subscription levels available are located here

If you need any further assistance with that please contact any Admin for help.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 02:22 PM   #12
71gmcburb

wheel vintique sells rims that you can fit your caps over not sure of the link tho...

1 - Don't sweat the small stuff

2 - Everything is small stuff
71gmcburb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 02:34 PM   #13
Autoblueprint

Try Desert Valley Auto Parts...they are in your state...parts run road trip ( or they can ship ) and you might even get on T.V.

http://www.dvap.com
Old 05-07-2011, 04:33 PM   #14
CarJunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71gmcburb View Post
wheel vintique sells rims that you can fit your caps over not sure of the link tho...
Maybe if I google it?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-07-2011, 04:36 PM   #15
CarJunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoblueprint View Post
Try Desert Valley Auto Parts...they are in your state...parts run road trip ( or they can ship ) and you might even get on T.V.

http://www.dvap.com
Lol I don't really prefer desert valley. Bad experiences. And I'm not really too worried about getting on tv. Lol but a junkyard I'm trying to steer clear of unless they are gauranteed rims. Does desert valley have that you know?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-07-2011, 05:16 PM   #16
71gmcburb

found the link http://www.wheelvintiques.com/

Old 05-07-2011, 05:18 PM   #17
Sinister
Between Trucks...

Quote:
X2, these guys have them and full moon caps for them as well. The hubcaps aren't listed on the site last time I checked, but they have them.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:30 PM   #18
71gmcburb

i got the rims for my 66 econoline threw them and my OE caps fit them perfectly. not easy finding 14"x7" rims with 5x4 1/2" bolt pattern

Old 05-08-2011, 12:46 AM   #19
CarJunkie

Quote:
I looked on there actually. Very nice selection in rims. I'm impressed! And I found exactly what im looking for. But now trying to force myself to spend 400 dollars lol but that's really not that bad. I just have to figure out how much I have to spend on getting my bed replaced first, then the bumper and a new hubcap. So, within my budget, I'm Gunna have to figure that one out. But I would love to buy new rims from them! Very nice
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-09-2011, 05:28 PM   #20
CarJunkie

I am excited! I just drove my truck with four non-bent rims, and it rides beautifully!!

I found the last 4 8 lug 16" steelies at m and m rim shop in Phoenix that were gauranteed for 60 a piece! Had them mounted and balanced, and now, I'm just so ecstatic that I don't know what to do with myself!

But now I have 4 bent rims in the back of my truck that I don't know what to do with lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh! And they were almost untouched, and they have the lip I need to put the moons on )

Last edited by CarJunkie; 05-09-2011 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Forgot to add the last little bit. Oops
CarJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:23 PM   #21
frednoah
86 Scottsdale

Either take the 4 bent ones to the scrap yard, or put them out by the street. I'm sure someone will pick them up and cash them in.
frednoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:47 PM   #22
Beat68CST

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
I am excited! I just drove my truck with four non-bent rims, and it rides beautifully!!

I found the last 4 8 lug 16" steelies at m and m rim shop in Phoenix that were gauranteed for 60 a piece! Had them mounted and balanced, and now, I'm just so ecstatic that I don't know what to do with myself!

But now I have 4 bent rims in the back of my truck that I don't know what to do with lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh! And they were almost untouched, and they have the lip I need to put the moons on )
I want pictures of a fellow Arizona 3/4 ton! Especially with moons! I told my dad I wanted some and he looked at me like I just bumped my head, lmao.
Beat68CST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:38 PM   #23
CarJunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat68CST View Post
I want pictures of a fellow Arizona 3/4 ton! Especially with moons! I told my dad I wanted some and he looked at me like I just bumped my head, lmao.
Ha! I would upload pictures if my computer didn't crash like a week ago. Lol. I've been surfing the web with my iPhone lately, and the only pictures I have are what's on facebook. Lol. But my avatar is still pretty darn close to what it looks like, minus some things. I would have to say my truck gets a lot of attention in Phoenix, and most people in the west valley know of it from car shows, and where I work and stuff. Plus it's my daily driver. Not to sound conceited or anything lol but I never asked for it. I guess that's what happens when your a chick that drives a truck like that.
Posted via Mobile Device