The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-24-2011, 08:02 PM   #1
tallcrown

Suburban-S-10 Jurassic Park Pictures

Guys I was in California last week and saw an interesting Suburban, Had No Camera.
It Was a Suburban. Front End was replaced with an S-10 Grill/Radiator Mount and then like Jeep Fenders on the front of it, since the Grill was Narrower.
Then he cut all the door/window openings larger. a Roll Cage inside the roofline from front to back.
It looked really cool, Reminded me of one of the Tour Vehicles from Jurassic Park Movie.
Have you ever seen this Vehicle? Anyone have any Pictures of it or one like it?
Wishing I had a Camera with me.
tallcrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:31 AM   #2
Hotrodd 72

Re: Suburban-S-10 Jurassic Park Pictures

is this what you saw?
Attached Images

Hotrodd 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:05 AM   #3
tallcrown

Actually it was close. Same front end. Then like the full body Suburban that you sent a picture of. It had Old Style Jeep Fenders grafted on to the fenders that are like in the picture ( to actually go over the top of the tires). Then all side windows were removed. So the people in the back could look out easily. The doors were cut down like Jeep Half doors or the original Doors that were cut out to be half. Actually it looked clean.
Do you know what hood they used when they put this smaller front Grill assembly on the Suburban?

The more I think of it. I am inspired by that work to try to figure out how to do it. Has anyone seen those half doors that were available on Blazers years ago. Or a picture to use as a template to get the angle right on them?

Thanks for your info
Old 05-01-2011, 07:08 AM   #4
tallcrown

Another question. Do anyone know about the front end on these pictures. Was the front end Extended? Now that I look at these pictures looks longer than my Suburban Front Fender.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:36 AM   #5
dropd80s

The front end is pinched so you can see what you're doing a little better and also for tire clearance when crawlin. The grille is a 89-91 "work grille" again shortened width wise. I think thats what is making the fenders look longer.
dropd80s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:14 PM   #6
tallcrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropd80s View Post
The front end is pinched so you can see what you're doing a little better and also for tire clearance when crawlin. The grille is a 89-91 "work grille" again shortened width wise. I think thats what is making the fenders look longer.
What hood did they use? Hinges? Do you have any pictures of this of Top of hood? What did they do?
It is very interesting. I always think of possibilities
Thanks