The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-30-2011, 06:59 PM   #26
OhOneWS6

Re: MOOG Problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Wal-Mart & the internet isn't selling goods to themselves ... that's where the "blame" lies.
But that is where it all started. Before Wal-Mart people were not as dead set on finding the cheapest price they can. The Internet has made it just that much easier to price compare. For some reason you and I always but heads on here. Before this goes any further I am going to say you are entitled to you opinion just as I am entitled to mine.

Last edited by OhOneWS6; 03-31-2011 at 03:53 PM.
OhOneWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:36 PM   #27
Shane
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhOneWS6 View Post
But that is where it all started. Before Wal-Mart people were not as dead set on finding the cheapest price they can.

Last edited by Shane; 03-30-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:24 PM   #28
Classic Heartbeat
Project Junkie! Fishing Poor!!

Quote:
Easy gents…let’s not get too off topic nor too political here.
That's Why I backed out of the thread... I have lots to say on this subject, but this is not the correct forum to say it in... WES
Call us Toll Free (888) 338-2502
Like Us on Facebook
No appointment necessary.
72 BB Chevy Custom Deluxe / Custom Camper
67 I-6 (Soon to be 5.7 LS1) Panel
68 BB Chevy Short Bed
72 6.0 LQ9 Short Bed Chevy 4X4
Olympia's fastest growing truck parts supplier.
Olympia's home for Wayward Chevys
Classic Heartbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:04 PM   #29
Tmwoodall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Heartbeat View Post
That's Why I backed out of the thread... I have lots to say on this subject, but this is not the correct forum to say it in... WES
Ha, I had a response all typed up and decided to forgo it. I decided the same thing.

On a plus note, I got the first of my parts today. I ordered them late afternoon YESTERDAY! Rock Auto is one of my new faves.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:08 PM   #30
lil hoodlum

What if retailers stopped offering to sell cheap junk made overseas?

I understand they are only trying to meet the demand. So yes we are to blame.

Keith
lil hoodlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:19 PM   #31
specialtyretail
So,, what else you got???

OK, my view on this. I have sold auto parts for 30 years, all brands. Moog WAS the top of the line, best you could buy. But, times and customers have caused all parts manufacturers to look for ,,less expensive,, products as we all demand more for less. All chassis parts sold here in the US must meet specifiactions, some just meet, others exceed. Sorry that my line of work has been reduced to this, but it is the way the world is these days.. I am done preaching, can I get an Amen???
specialtyretail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:15 PM   #32
mooneyes

...I work at a carquest and we just changed from moog to raybestes chassis parts and there wasn't a problem with moogs craftmanship or reliability but getting the parts ...when a new tie rod..balljoint..etc was needed as in a newer truck/car moot would create a part number but not make the part so you would be chasing to find a part in a warehouse somewhere that didn't even exsist ...the raybestes stuff is super nice a tad cheaper than moog ..has the same lifetime warrenty as moog plus has a 2 year labor warrenty..and raybestes is owned by affinia which also owns wix filters
Posted via Mobile Device
70 lwb 305/700r driver
78 caprice project
02 cavalier D.D ( hate it!!)
mooneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:11 AM   #33
sduckworth13

Just a warning ordering from RockAuto.com, I bought a complete frontend rebuild kit for my 1967 GMC and went with all moog parts. I was very disappointed to find not one but two parts that were in the Moog boxes and would have fit on my truck but were not Moog brand parts. A lower ball joint said Elgin " The Right Choice' and the other which was a inner tie rod end had a small "T" in it. I was surprised and made me wonder, how many people get these misboxed parts that would fit their vehicle and use them because they can't wait another 5 days for the right part to come to their house. Seems a little strange that the part actually would fit. Anyway, I called RockAuto.com and they are shipping the right parts to me and told me to keep the part I had...until i called them and told them I had another misboxed part. Then I was told I needed to ship both of the back to them and they couldn't start the shipment until I dropped off the parts at Fedex and had my return items shipping label scanned. I didn't know it but the customer service rep said that Federal Mogul make parts under 20 different names. Elgin isn't one of them though. I have no idea about what brand the tie rod was. So I was a bit unhappy but, I guess if I can save $200.00 on top of the line parts I will continue buying from them...cautiously. So check your boxes and inspect them.

Last edited by sduckworth13; 05-23-2011 at 12:12 AM.
sduckworth13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:23 AM   #34
ubtripn

xx

Last edited by ubtripn; 05-23-2011 at 08:59 AM.
ubtripn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:34 AM   #35
richards72chevy

What about pst?
richards72chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:34 AM   #36
70cst

I think we can do some research before we buy and our Vendors are a great source of information plus they can give us a ton of advice. Thats why 95% of all my parts I have sourced through our vendors. And when I had an issue with a part...they have been very responsive.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!

Last edited by 70cst; 05-23-2011 at 08:37 AM.
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:36 AM   #37
splehigh

Last edited by splehigh; 05-23-2011 at 08:49 AM.
splehigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:48 AM   #38
splehigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Heartbeat View Post
Is it against the forum rules to talk political? Just curious that's all. I like hearing what other people think about such things and it does have an effect on our hobby.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:53 AM   #39
70cst

Quote:
Originally Posted by splehigh View Post
Is it against the forum rules to talk political? Just curious that's all. I like hearing what other people think about such things and it does have an effect on our hobby.
Per Rules and Guidelines...
Quote:
XVIII. Posts regarding politics or religion are strongly discouraged. These posts tend to create pissing matches and will be closed.
Good question...

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!

Last edited by 70cst; 05-23-2011 at 08:54 AM.
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:52 PM   #40
dyrt

On a side note, i have a kind of strong opinion on all of this but i have to admit i don't see anyone without fault in this problem.

Businesses are by definition "for-profit." I can't fault someone for wanting to make good money, but look at the oil companies: america's economy is in the crapper but they still manage to post record profits and these weird oil shortages that jack up prices just disappear like they were never there. You can argue it any way you want, but it still comes down to this: if you make billions in personal wealth a year and can't find it in your budget to give back to the economy by using if for something(i am NOT implying taxes to fund more lazy scumbags living off the system,) you are a huge part of the reason we print more money and lower the value of all of it. At the same time, businesses have to sell what people will buy, and the slightly lower prices for often much cheaper to obtain parts raise profit margins for many businesses, so they do what they have to.

People who are not "rich" as just as to blame. Too many people think they deserve an escalade and 24 inch rims but don't bother living within their means, thereby messing up the credit system and making things worse.

The answer to most people's problems was simple, spend big on the things that "matter" and go cheap on everything else. This is why you see expensive vehicles and their well-dressed and accessorized owners outside of walmart and dollar stores. People are more likely to buy expensive useless crap to make themselves feel and look rich, then they will buy fast food, china-made goods that contain lead, cadmium, and mercury, and CHEAP AUTO PARTS.

I have given up trying to help people with car maintanence. For whatever reason, people seem to think that parts should not be "wearable" and refuse to accept that for their own safety as well as the safety of others, they shouldn't skimp on parts and maintanence. They will unhappily reach into their expensive coach purse to pay the bill no matter how low it is.

By the way, mevotech parts are mostly chinese as well except for a few that were make in india i think. I was told they were made in canada and found out that wasn't the case when i got them...Gonna keep them greased and hope for the best. Pickins are slim for USA(i group canada and mexico in there just because all 3 are involved in american auto companies) made parts and you never know what that sticker is going to say when you open the part.
Cheers.

Last edited by dyrt; 05-23-2011 at 12:56 PM. Reason: forgot to add something.
dyrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:04 PM   #41
splehigh