The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-22-2011, 05:17 PM   #1
79jimmy

79 jimmy project

hey hows everybody out there !!! i have a 79 jimmy that my buddy started building and got stuck for money so i jumped at it and added my own touches.its got a 91 burb front end, lowered 6 inches with spindles and springs in front and flip kit in back, 20 inch chrome dub wheels
it's a 355, with a 268h extreme cam from comp cams, oversized valves, msd pro billet distributer, msd wires, msd digi 6 plus box, edelbrock rpm performer intake,flex a lite dual elec fan, long tubed headers, smooth'd firewall.
i blew up two 700r4's and decided to upgrade, a buddy of a buddy worked at a chev dealer that was closing and i got a brand new, tested never ran, 4l80e 2wd trans, it just fell out the back of the truck , i jumped at it, bought the tci controller and wiring harness and tps and built my own crossmember. now im stuck at connecting the linkage, i bought the lokar solid linkage bar and the cable systems they sell, i couldn't get the solid bar to make the sweep at the fire wall and no matter what i did i couldn't get the cable to make the turn on the steering column, the pull of the tranny was to much for the cable and it bound up on the column. i was hoping not to use a floor shift as i want to keep my center console.
any help, ideas or u just wanna call me crazy, all would b welcomed !!

thanx!!
79jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:24 PM   #2
hotrodimpy

Re: 79 jimmy project

79 Jimmy give the Lokar tech department a call. Ask for Eric or Jeff and they will help you through this issue. Call us Toll Free at 1-877-469-7440
hotrodimpy is offline   Reply With Quote