The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-08-2011, 06:01 AM   #1
flatbed51

It's been a long time coming !!!

Twenty five years ago my best friend bought a 57 two door wagon for the purpose of making an El Camino. Like many projects it just sat there and got talked about. Then one day after sitting there for a long while I say to my friend, lets pull that car out of the pasture, and get to work on it. So we hook on to it and start dragging it to the shop. As we are pulling it down with me steering it, I look to where the speedometer should be and low and behold I am staring at the biggest red wasp nest I have ever seen. Suddenly I bailed from this project. I know it may be hard to believe, but it has taken over twenty years to get rid of those wasps so work can begin lol. Literally the car has sat for the last twenty some odd years untouched, until about a month ago. Now it begins.
Attached Images

48,49,50 Chevy trucks. 41 Olds
flatbed51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 03:05 PM   #2
mr48chev

Re: It's been a long time coming !!!

A friend of mine had a similar one 30 years ago that he offered to me for 350.00 and in those days 350.00 was a huge sum of money in my budget and I never got around to buying it. That should be a good looking rig once you get the bugs out of it.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote