The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-08-2011, 09:25 AM   #1
Denee007

A little progress on my '59 ;)

Hi ya'll! I made a little progress! I installed a 2" lift in the rear after putting in a new bolt that holds the springs together(you know the little line up bolt that keeps the springs in place on top of the axle?). I received the shock bolts yesterday for shock relocation, but haven't installed those yet.
* Got the carburetor working much better on my 230 motor~ then took it for a ride down the street~ really neat! I just need a front windshield or wear motorcycle goggles! lol

As for drivers door/passenger door, I've been looking at the one piece manual glass vs. the original stuff. Anyone done this "upgrade"?

Still have yet to figure out how to mount the 230 I6 correctly, but it's working right now, for now.
I've got a list of things to order to kind of start putting it together, no hurry(it's been too darned hot to do anything!)
dne'

Denee007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:01 AM   #2
FFredo

Re: A little progress on my '59 ;)

Nice truck, it's refreshing to see someone lifting a truck vs lowering it. I'm on the lowering side of the fence myself but still.
Is that rootbreer brown? I'll be watching to saee if you get nay responses on the one piece window upgrade as I'm considering that myself.
FFredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:24 AM   #3
bensimmons_05

Hey Dne' Here is an excellent write up of doing the one piece window conversion yourself if you would like to go that route.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=366078&page=1

Brothers has the most popular kit to do so otherwise. I'm at work so I can't see pictures of your truck, but seems like your doing a great job from the text!

---The shop's live video feed--- <<< See what I'm up to!
bensimmons_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:45 PM   #4
Denee007

Wow~! a little intimidating, but Blackdiesel and Grimss video's really help and the PDF files for the template of the glass should do the trick! I'd rather do it their way~ it's tried and true, and I like those guys!(cute! ; )! They accomplished some cool videos!!!) Just a matter of locating all the material, someone to cut and make the glass n temper it (no worries) I'm not chicken to dive in on something like this one piece window~ my husband would be thrilled if I could accomplish it for less and a more qualitiy job! Shame my truck is painted already~ I'll have to figure out how to duplicate the color.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:09 PM   #5
OrrieG

I'm going to do the Diesel one piece conversion too. If you read the complete thread you will see comments about how the Brothers and I think other aftermarket ones leave the bottom of the track unsecured. I'm diggin' the 60's jacked up look too. Here's a shot of my 57 taken in 1969 with L70 tires on the back. Sold it shortly after this was taken so I could vacation with Uncle Sam. You should drop this into a continuous thread in the build section.
Attached Images

Last edited by OrrieG; 06-08-2011 at 03:09 PM.
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:37 PM   #6
flatbed51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denee007 View Post
Wow~! a little intimidating, but Blackdiesel and Grimss video's really help and the PDF files for the template of the glass should do the trick! I'd rather do it their way~ it's tried and true, and I like those guys!(cute! ; )! They accomplished some cool videos!!!) Just a matter of locating all the material, someone to cut and make the glass n temper it (no worries) I'm not chicken to dive in on something like this one piece window~ my husband would be thrilled if I could accomplish it for less and a more qualitiy job! Shame my truck is painted already~ I'll have to figure out how to duplicate the color.
If you need custom glass here is the man to call Rickie Ogle 817-239-0249 @ Rod and custom auto glass. Don

48,49,50 Chevy trucks. 41 Olds
flatbed51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:47 PM   #7
Denee007

yes, thanks Orrie~ I'll start up a build thread! I really like the higher up look! Seems like most folks have low riders at the local nifty50ees!

Thanks Flatbed, I'll call that guy tomorrow to see what he can do! I wonder if he can temper the glass as well? I'll find out and report back! thank you for the info!

I guess I'll go ahead and order the new window regulators~ kind of excited about this one piece window upgrade! Mine will be manual.
have to cook dinner, be back in a bit!