The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-11-2011, 12:33 PM   #1
scoyote

Tail Light Bezels

I bought a set of tail light bezels from LMC
http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cb/full.aspx?Page=43

It appears that there should be some slots or something because there are bent over tabs on the bezels that just don't have anywhere to go.

So, I'm guessing that if my blazer didn't come with the trim package these just won't work unless I create a slot or a clip or?????

Anyone know how to do a clean install on a truck that never had them in the first place?

1991 F250 - Hunting truck w/ Detroit rear locker, ARB front locker, front and rear winches .... and more....
1997 Grand Cherokee - fun jeep - Detroit rear locker, ARB front locker, front winch, 411 gears, lots of lights ;-)
2004 Hot Rod DuraMax - Dnyo'd at the wheels with 525 HP and 1100 lbs torque.....mustang killer.
scoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:55 PM   #2
FoxHound

Re: Tail Light Bezels

I installed these exact same bezels the other day. Your truck should have holes drilled out around the tail lights if there was trim on it before. Then, when you properly install the specified clips (the chart on LMC's page will show you which ones go where), they should wedge in under the lip of the bezels and then snap into place inside the holes around the tail lights. Here is a pic of my tail lights before the trim was installed:

Old 06-11-2011, 11:07 PM   #3
FoxHound

To answer your question about a clean install, drilling out the holes yourself would probably be your best bet. I'm not really sure how else you could properly secure them and still maintain a clean look.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:25 AM   #4
scoyote

Thanks Foxhound,

Now it makes more sense.,....and just became harder ;-)

I don't have the pre-drilled holes or the clips and the bezels ship without the clips.

What I need is a pattern so that I can drill the holes in the correct spot and then I need the clips.

1991 F250 - Hunting truck w/ Detroit rear locker, ARB front locker, front and rear winches .... and more....
1997 Grand Cherokee - fun jeep - Detroit rear locker, ARB front locker, front winch, 411 gears, lots of lights ;-)
2004 Hot Rod DuraMax - Dnyo'd at the wheels with 525 HP and 1100 lbs torque.....mustang killer.
scoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:20 PM   #5
FoxHound

You can get the clips from LMC...but I'm not sure where you can get a pattern. But once you order the right clips from LMC, you can insert them into the bezels spaced out roughly like the holes in the picture (since you can insert the clips along entire length of the trim, that dimension isn't as critical as how far the holes are from the edge of the lens opening). Then use that bezel (with the clips in it) as a template to mark off the clip positions on a piece of cardboard that you can put up to the tail light area so you know exactly where to drill. Someone on here may be able to give you the exact measurements, though. That would be easier haha