The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-13-2011, 02:19 AM   #1
TrucknAndy

New here...looking at 1972 GMC fleetside

I've been here as a guest a few times lurking, and I'm looking at my first classic truck. Only issue I'm having is that the owner says it has a transplanted 86 motor and tranny, and the compressor is on the opposite side of the bay than the original motor. And, that new lines would have to be run to get the a/c working. Thats where I'm hoping you all could help.

I'm wondering if this makes sense, and how big a deal it is...

Or, should I just steer clear?

Thanks,
Andy
TrucknAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:21 AM   #2
TrucknAndy

Re: New here...looking at 1972 GMC fleetside

And, to show how new I am...I posted it in the wrong section. I guess I could call it the "projectless project."
Old 06-13-2011, 03:47 AM   #3
BlackTopMotors

First, Welcome.

Pics are helpful but in this case if it's the right truck for you don't worry about what side the compressor is on. You have options. Brackets/placement changes and or different hoses. None of those would be a determining factor on a truck as far as I am concerned. I would look at the overall condition. If you have doubts as to the value, post pic(s) give details and several members here would be glad to let you know if its a good deal or not.

Best to you. This is a great place!
BlackTopMotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:48 AM   #4
TrucknAndy

Thanks for the reply.

This vehicle is going to be a daily driver for now so everything being in good working order is a must...a/c here in Texas is pretty high on the list. I haven't had a chance to drive the truck, or look under the hood, but if that all goes well I think the truck is worth every bit of the 3300 he is asking. I gave a quick look to the areas that get cancer, and didn't see anything suspicious as of yet, but Ill look harder on the test drive. Unless its horrible it wont be a deal breaker as that can be fixed but could drive my cash offer down a little. It has new weatherstripping, glass, starter, and tires, and at the cost of everything today 3000 is not much more than something that is a p.o.s.

Andy