The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-20-2011, 08:56 PM   #1
Dan in Pasadena

THANK YOU Thread: "ChuckDriver" is a Great Guy

Just thought I'd post an acknowledgement that member, "ChuckDriver" (in addition to having a '57 I drool over) is a truly good guy and a credit to our hobby.

I had posted a few photos of my truck including one that showed my dash had some holes cut in it around the original radio location. "ChuckDriver" took the time to search through his extra pieces & parts and sent me a portion of his old dash for me to use as repair panels. He didn't even wait for me to send him postage, didn't ask for any money, nothing.

To me, THIS is what makes our hobby such a good one. I like to think that many of us would be friends if we lived down the block from each other. We'd be talking about the same stuff, offering opinions and trying to help in our driveways or garages over a cool one of our choice.

Pay it forward guys! I'm gonna try to help someone with SOMETHING. If any of you guys ever need something here in Southern California and I can do it for you, I will. Drop me a PM. Best to you all and especially to ChuckDriver again.
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:21 PM   #2
Red Foreman

Re: THANK YOU Thread: "ChuckDriver" is a Great Guy

Could you drop in at my place & help me lift my cab off?.... Plenty of cold Aussie Beer supplied!
Seriously though the help & advice I have recieved on this board has been awesome! ChuckDriver and many other members that regularly offer their advise is what makes this board what it is!
Red Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:38 PM   #3
solidaxel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Foreman View Post
Could you drop in at my place & help me lift my cab off?.... Plenty of cold Aussie Beer supplied!
Seriously though the help & advice I have recieved on this board has been awesome! ChuckDriver and many other members that regularly offer their advise is what makes this board what it is!
Red I will loan you my second "hand" if you can find a tree!!
If that won't work will be right
Attached Images

53 TuTone Extended Cab 350 4-Spd 3:08 (SOLD)
53 Chevy Moldy pearl green ZZ-4 4L60E 9" 3:25
55 GMC 1st Black Mll (ZZ4) ZZ6 TKO 600 5 sp 3:73
62 Solidaxle Corvette Roman Red (327
340hp 4spd 3:36) C4 & C5 suspension tube chassis
LS 3 4L70E
65 Corvette Coupe 327 350hp 4spd 4:11
78 Black Silverado SWB (350/350) 5.3 & 4L60E 3:42
2000 S-Type 3.0 (wife cruiser)
2003 GMC SCSB 5.3 4L60E 3:42
solidaxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:37 AM   #4
Kim57

There are others on this board as well. I can personally vouch for Kabwe. He gave me his old dash so I could customize mine.
Kim
Kim57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:42 AM   #5
Dan in Pasadena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Foreman View Post
You have no idea how much I'd love to drop in at your place. And I'd need the beer too because the only way I'm getting there is to swim!

Kim, in the time I've been on the forum I've noticced a LOT of guys helping each other out and Kabwe has been among the most active in offering advice and encouragement. I don't remotely have the abilities he has but when I posted my new-to-me truck he was one of the first to congratulate and basically say, "Go get 'em!"

Hey, separate thread subject but how many of the southwest guys are goign to try to make it to the Brothers show in July at the Anaheim (really, Corona) RV Park? I'm going one way or another this year
Old 06-21-2011, 12:20 PM   #6
FFredo

Dan, was not aware of a show in July. I guess I'll be there though, even if I have to show up on my bike. Did you make it to Pomona on Sunday? I was there bright annd early on Sat, walked a million miles and bought a few bits.

Last edited by FFredo; 06-21-2011 at 12:20 PM.
FFredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:19 PM   #7
Dan in Pasadena

Yes, made it to Pomona on Sunday but really only saw the cars inside. I did go out to the swap meet but they were mostly breaking down. I bought one of those battery terminal mounted switches to keep my battery from fading while not driving it, but nothing else.

Brother's show is July 10th. Have you gone before? I have not but its out the 91 off at like Green River or something. Waay east Yorba Linda. Nice shady, grassy venue...and we'll need it. It'll be HOT!!

Last edited by Dan in Pasadena; 06-21-2011 at 01:20 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:09 PM   #8
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Thanks for the kind words Dan and Kim.

To Chuckdriver that is really cool what you did, thats what this hobby is all about helping people out. Good looking out Chuckdriver

To all the So. Cal people or people who can make it (no matter where your from), you should really go to the Brothers Truck Show it is Chevy/GM truck heaven. Its sure to have something for everybody Stocked, Mods, or whatever you are into.

I cut and paste this from a website.

July 10, 2011
Brothers Truck Show
Canyon RV at Feathery Park
24001 Santa Ana Canyon Road
Anaheim, CA 92808

This show features the best trucks from all over the nation and promises to be the classic Chevy & GMC truck show of the year! The event is held on grass with plenty of shade trees. Show hours 8am to 3pm. On-site camping available.

Vehicles: 1947-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

For more information...
Call: 800-977-2767
Email: events@brotherstrucks.com
Website: http://www.brotherstrucks.com/classi...and-events.asp

Last edited by Kabwe; 06-21-2011 at 03:12 PM.
Kabwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:13 PM   #9
Dan in Pasadena

Kabwe,
You and Chuck (and many others) deserve all the kind words being posted. Thanks agin for not teasing people like me with limited abilities but a lot of enthusiasm! Ok, NOW you can tease me!

Hey, any chance some southwest/SoCal guys want to meet and caravan to the Brothers Show? SInce it's out the 91 perhaps meet at the 91 & say 605 and the OC guys jump in as they see us go past? My truck may not even be ready enough to go, but it'd be kinda cool
Old 06-21-2011, 03:24 PM   #10
Tri5Nerd
Tripple Five Fanatic

I'm trying to stay away from the site and concentrate on my build but I can't because there is just so much information here.

Speaking of guys giving a helping hand, I don't want to start dropping names (Kabwe, Kim and Hotrod1, and many more of you, ), but I know that if someone needs help and another member is close by or not too far away they will try to and most of the time drive to help.

I try to pay it forward because this is what this hobby is all about.

Unfortunately I won't be able to make the Brothers show this year but I'm sure you guys will post many pics of those bad A$$ trcuks from the show.

Tri5
Old 06-21-2011, 03:28 PM   #11
Dan in Pasadena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri5Nerd View Post
...I try to pay it forward because this is what this hobby is all about.
Much as I love cars and trucks, you're right. It's about what comes along with them.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:03 PM   #12
Kim57

I was at the L.A. Roadster Show on Saturday. I thought the swap meet area was a little smaller than last years but there were plenty of nice cars to see.
I look forward to the Brothers show every year. It's a great place to meet other board members.
I've met Kabwe and Tri5Nerd the past couple of years and think it would be great to meet more members there.
Kim
Kim57 is offline   Reply With Quote