The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-20-2011, 02:16 AM   #1
Fabian

SheetMetall Full Floors - where the best place to buy sheetmetall floor parts?

What is the best place to buy some new floors for my truck? Are there any full floors for a 64 available or just patches?

Thanks
Fabian
Fabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:06 AM   #2
awbrown

Re: SheetMetall Full Floors - where the best place to buy sheetmetall floor parts?

I dont know of any full floors , buty I kind of like Top Banana's quality , I have used stuff that was real bad before I found them , their panels are the closest to original that I have found ...
awbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:41 AM   #3
Fabian

Re: SheetMetall Full Floors - where the best place to buy sheetmetall floor parts?

Thanks, any other recommendations?
Old 06-20-2011, 05:11 PM   #4
Fabian

!
Old 06-20-2011, 10:03 PM   #5
collins10672

the full floor is not available for the 60-66 trucks yet(if ever).so for now you will have to buy partial sections like awbrown suggests.
collins10672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:03 PM   #6
awbrown

Fabian , is yours really that bad ?? probably not too many old chevs in Germany eh?
awbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:07 PM   #7
jimmydean

Goodmark makes a half floor side. I have not used any of the Goodmark parts for our trucks, but the parts I have used from them for other cars/trucks have been amazing fit and finish. Looks like $90 a side, not sure how much it would be to ship over there.
Dropmember front
Dropmember rear
Corvette discs
Restored raised bed

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=4295210
jimmydean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:18 PM   #8
mbgmike

no not made by anyone yet. best bet is to get a used one or patch it. Believe it or not I have found some cabs that had good floors for these years as they were period wrecked trucks and did not see all the road crap. Not sure if many are over their however and shipping a floor is expensive. Might be better off with the patch panels. We ship just about any where. We even had to cut up bedsides to ship due to import reg's

edited: Just realized you were in Germany. Germany does not allow importation of body panels unless they fit a certain size. Go with the patch panels. Germany is the country we have to cut and stack the besides and they weld them back. We have shipped a lot to Germany. A complete floor fails there requirements and would have to be cut down. This was the case a couple years ago. Not sure now but I bet its still the case.
If you need any help let us know

Last edited by mbgmike; 06-21-2011 at 06:28 PM. Reason: added export info
mbgmike is offline   Reply With Quote