The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-07-2011, 04:38 PM   #1
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

What do you think of my new project?

My little cousin found two Chargers sitting in a guys' back yard a while back. My uncle wouldn't let him get them because he didn't want them sitting in his yard. My cousin told me where they were, but I didn't find them. Saturday we were at Good Guys and my little cousin told my little brother about them. Scott, my brother, was like STFU let's go, I'm buying them. So they went and looked at them. He told me what they were and I told him either way, he couldn't go wrong. Here's what he ended up with. We only have the 68 home for now.

The first one is a 68 charger with a dented up LH front fender, both doors, no front suspension, has rear suspension but no rear axle, some bumper parts. The shell is in pretty darn good shape. Some rust in the floor near the trans tunnel, sub frames look great, and a little in the truck floor. Has all glass except the lh wing window, which we found in the car later, and the rear window is broke out.

The second one is a 69 charger with front suspension, no rear, has front clip, has nicer doors than the 68, has a usable deck lid, some dash components, and all the glass. The shell is junk. The owner is throwing in a 8 3/4 Chrysler rear end with them too.

My brother gave them to me for payment towards his tab. I'm cool with that. I have some plans to build the 68 this winter. I'll tell you my suspension thoughts for it. I'm on the fence here, but I'm really thinking tubbed with a D80 rear, 4 link and coil overs, retain the stock front suspension with HD parts and disc brakes. I am thinking of using a charger 500 grill, and the interior will be last. I'm not saying what the power train will be yet because I haven't decided. I'm pretty sure it'll be an alternate fuel vehicle, but not set on it yet. Let me know what you think, and what a ball park idea on what these things would be worth in this state. There are no titles, but the guy thinks he can get a title for the 69. I'm going to apply for a bonded title for the 68 and see how that goes.

We're going to go get the 69 on Saturday. I will transfer some of the sheet metal on to the 68 so it doesn't look as bad and then cover them both up to try and keep the rain off them. And keep people from coming up and trying to purchase them or snoop through them.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:41 PM   #2
barry h.

Re: What do you think of my new project?

Great project,you will get to know your banker well.!!!!!!!
barry h. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:45 PM   #3
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Here's a picture of a Charger 500. This is the grill I'd like to use for 2 reasons. First off it'll be different than the normal charger grill. But secondly, it's cheaper, and that's what this build is going to have to be filled with. I also for got to add that I want to keep this a street car unlike my corvette. But I'm planning on a cage and sub frame connectors to keep the shell alive. I'd like to build it more pro-touring with bigger Magnum 500 style wheels I think.
Attached Images

1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1969 Chevy milk truck

Old 07-07-2011, 05:33 PM   #4
Indian113

I Likey!!! But I think you have enough projects started
Indian113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:49 PM   #5
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian113 View Post
I Likey!!! But I think you have enough projects started

Yep, this thing is just in "Dream" mode until I get some other projects done. I'd really like to get my 76 running and sell it to help fund this car.
1969 Chevy milk truck

Old 07-08-2011, 04:38 AM   #6
OARNGESI

Nice projects idlove to have them if you decide to sell either lmk
OARNGESI is offline   Reply With Quote