The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-31-2003, 11:27 PM   #26
bigblock73
yeller

Quote:
Originally posted by n2billet
Anyway seems I'm the high bidder on a Rambler on Ebay and guess what, it's in California..... I hate e-bay! So ya'll want to car pull out west???
What year Rambler? I assume an AMC Rambler. Call me crazy, but I would love to have a late 60's 2-door Rambler!

...Jeff

Last edited by bigblock73; 08-01-2003 at 12:07 AM.
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 12:07 AM   #27
bigblock73
yeller

Ahhhh, a 65. That is a nice looking car! Keep us posted if you get it.

...Jeff
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 12:13 AM   #28
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
..... Scot I will never forget the look on your face when you laid eyes on N2's truck for the first time......how does it go.... oh yes...PRICELESS!!!!
OUCH! Scoti that was cold. I can't believe how well your "friends" played you that day. To make it all worse, they put me right in the middle of it, and I had no idea what was up.

Anyway seems I'm the high bidder on a Rambler on Ebay and guess what, it's in California..... I hate e-bay! So ya'll want to car pull out west??? Uh, I thought you were selling cars/trucks off because you didn't have any more space. The ONLY thing that has moved out of your garage or shop is a Roadster bicycle that is now in my garage.

How you gonna 'splain this one to Momma? I don't think she will fall for "it followed me home"
Attached Images

N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 09:31 AM   #29
SCOTI

Honestly . . .... I was on my way back from the west coast paint store & it followed me home.....

I don't think she'll fall for that one.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 10:32 AM   #30
Captkaos
www.73-87chevytrucks.com

Quote:
OK, Scot and Capt (drive all night) stop crying and just buy the stupid thing.... Scot I will never forget the look on your face when you laid eyes on N2's truck for the first time......how does it go.... oh yes...PRICELESS!!!! Anyway seems I'm the high bidder on a Rambler on Ebay and guess what, it's in California..... I hate e-bay! So ya'll want to car pull out west???
OUCH! Sorry Scot. Can't get it N2billet, I am trying to eliminate trucks instead of accumulate them. Although I don't have to make up excuses.

Just tell the wife the "new" Rambler answered a want add that the current Rambler put in for a mate!
1987 R10 twin turbo LS
1991 R3500 SRW CrewCab
1985 K5 diesel swapped project
1989 K5 2WD conversion w/ Vette susp Project
Captkaos Customs
73-87chevytrucks.com
Captkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 11:16 AM   #31
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Are you guys SURE you don't want this thing. Scoti, you don't want to have rgerets about passin up another truck do ya....
Old 08-02-2003, 11:31 AM   #32
SCOTI

Well . . . ... @ this exact moment, I'm not liking mine a whole lot. I started having more trouble than usual last night w/starting. I initially thought the choke was closing & causing the problem, but after trying to drive home from dinner it got worse.

As long as the idle maintained above 1200rpms it would stay running. If you tried to let it idle it would load up & die almost immediately. I pulled the air cleaner to inspect the carb & gas is dripping from the top of the carb down onto the intake & after looking inside the bowl, the pass side is steadily dripping gas (alot) down into the intake. Friggin piece o' crap 2 barrel. So I'll call around & see if I can get a 2 barrel cheap . . ..... if not.... off comes the intake & carb (and we all know how these things progress).
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 01:47 PM   #33
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally posted by SCOTI
.... Friggin piece o' crap 2 barrel. So I'll call around & see if I can get a 2 barrel cheap . . ..... if not.... off comes the intake & carb (and we all know how these things progress).
Scoti, sorry to hear about your trouble there buddy. I just have to know something though. Since you already hate the 2 barrel, why replace it with another one?

I'll bet you have a 4 barrel intake laying around somewhere. If you don't have one, they are cheap enough to buy almost anywhere. Why don't you just get a small 4 barrel and be done with it.

The increase in performance will make it worth the hassle. Lets face it, the stock 150-160 hp coming out of our motors is nothing to get excited about. I'm almost hoping something will happen to give me a reason to modify or replace the motor in the 77....