The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-11-2011, 02:06 PM   #1
pcwillsie

starting a new project. have interior ??s

I am gathering parts and laying out my plans for a new winter project. I am going to convert my 4x4 70 blazer to a bagged 2wd. I would like to keep front and rear seating. I would like to see some pictures of these blazers done like this floor and seat pics. Thanks
pcwillsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:20 PM   #2
SeventyOne

Re: starting a new project. have interior ??s

This may be a weird question but what aspect of a bagged 2wd would preclude you from keeping the backseat?
SeventyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:39 PM   #3
pcwillsie

i dont know really. 2wd bagged builds are new to me and i was wondering about interference of step notches and rear seats. and i would just like to see some different options
pcwillsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:20 PM   #4
tubbedII
needs more $$$

Do some searches as there's lots of options out there, and some great threads with lots of pics. The front seating will not be an issue, but the rear could be...it really depends on how low you want to go, what size wheels you want to run and if you want to keep the stock rear bench as well ask keep it in the stock position.

How low you want it to go and the tire size you run determines how big of a notch you have to run which interfers with the rear bench. There's room for a 3-5" step notch (someone on the board did this, but I can't remember exactly who...maybe gringoloco) where once the notch is in place, the rear bench sits on top of it in the stock location. This doesn't lay frame, but gets the frame about 2-3" off the ground and looks great.

Any more step notch than that, you're looking into modifying the bench and/or location in some way to keep it.

I have a c-notch on mine, so that's an option too...