The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-11-2011, 12:27 AM   #1
slimone757
Account Suspended

Project: what was i thinking !!!!

So, I have been lurking around this board for a while, and I haven't really been doing much but seeing what everyone else was up to. So now I think it is my turn to show you guys and hopefully that will help push me to get something done.

Here's what I got. I have 2 1971 C10's. I bought the first one about 2 years ago and drove it everyday. The other I bought thinking I was going to build up 2 trucks.

Well that provoked me to buy a new cab that was supposedly better than what I had but that just lead to me buying another cab. Well now I am feeling good. I should have enough stock piled to get me going.

here is how she sits today. She pushed me to get to work

slimone757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:50 AM   #2
hbchevy

Re: Project: what was i thinking !!!!

Welcome man and looks like fun already and p.s. I want your wheels!
Posted via Mobile Device
hbchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:56 AM   #3
slimone757
Account Suspended

I found a new cab. now I can get started. Heres the plan, 2 trucks. One fairly nice project and one made of whats left.

Something I wanted to do was custom gauges. To me it is a logical solution to use the glove box door. heres how i did it. Since the wiper and headlight portion is not flush the glove box door will not lay flat. So i carefully trimmed it each side out.

Next I hammered each piece flat you will notice that shape kept pretty nicely.

If you lay the door up there you will see the door does not cover the holes. Thats why I had to hammer the pieces I cut out flat to weld them back in

get it lined up and trimmed a little better and tac away

Please don't judge my welds. I am not a pro and im using the $90 flux welder from HF.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:00 AM   #4
slimone757
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbchevy View Post
Welcome man and looks like fun already and p.s. I want your wheels!
Posted via Mobile Device
I am going to have to do a post on this. These I sand blasted at home and made some home made whitewalls. I shaved down a set of white letter tires.

I have like 250 bucks in them. Used rims and tires from used tire place with new trim rings and lugs from autozone

Last edited by slimone757; 07-11-2011 at 01:11 AM. Reason: left picture off
Old 07-11-2011, 01:12 AM   #5
hbchevy

I did this before as well on a set of white letter tires. I just gotta get a set of steelies or smoothies to get the look I want

Aa far as the welds...for one if tour grinding them down no one will notice and if your just flux welding then remember you need a lot of heat and just go slow...or spend like 60 bucks and get a bottle with a 50/50 mix and go to town. Either way have fun!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-11-2011, 01:23 AM   #6
hbchevy

I did this before as well on a set of white letter tires. I just gotta get a set of steelies or smoothies to get the look I want

Aa far as the welds...for one if tour grinding them down no one will notice and if your just flux welding then remember you need a lot of heat and just go slow...or spend like 60 bucks and get a bottle with a 50/50 mix and go to town. Either way have fun!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-11-2011, 03:57 PM   #7
slimone757
Account Suspended

So, I have this 1994 chevy 2500 has a strong tbi 5.7l with a 4l60e trans, and she has decided to give up her motor and trans to the project.

after doing a lot of research on this site i decided to buy a standalone harness. Some guys went the Painless route and the others seem to go with Howell.

Today I just ordered mine from fuel injection connection. I read some people giving them a hard time about their customer service so I sent a email real quick just to see if i could get a response and Robert replied immediately. So I ordered it just now.

Ill keep you guys posted on how it goes.

Part #2523-2042-N, $295

Made for 1994-1995 TBI engine and transmission combinations with ECM service number 16197427 or 16196395 with RED and BLUE ecm connections. This is also used as a 4L60E conversion harness for transplanting the 4L60E transmission. It has all of the basic funtionality to run the 94-95 TBI engine with no emission equipment. This harness does have the 11-13 pin round plug for the transmission. It also comes with the heated O2 wiring and connection for the stock type of speed buffer or DRAC module.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:43 PM   #8
slimone757
Account Suspended

im impressed, I already received the shipping notification.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:06 PM   #9
slimone757
Account Suspended

harness came in the mail today. Fast shipping and detailed instructions. Looks to be good quality too.

Thank you Robert and fuel injection connection