The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-18-2011, 02:20 PM   #26
Littlebuddy

Re: What's your end result?

Zombie apocolypse truck!
Posted via Mobile Device
1983 K10- GM performance 350 Edelbrock Air Gap Intake, 650 Carb & Adapter Plate. Rebuilt 700R4 with Corvette Servos. 6" suspension lift 35" Maxxis Buckshot Mud Terrains. Need to install- Vortex 12000LB winch, Tactical Armor Group wincher front bumper, high lift jack mounts, resse hitch Wants- Axles off a one ton, Rhino line the whole truck, More power and a magic fairy to fill my gas tank
Littlebuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:06 PM   #27
notyo_cheez

Cool Re: What's your end result?

Got around to getting the title transferred today so now I guess I can take this project seriously. Met the previous registered owner who told me he bought it brand new, and ran when he sold it. Doesn't matter because the 305 is going away (also was his plan before his ol' lady said get rid of it). Crate 350 four bolt main with a 4bbl intake and carb to replace it and new stuff all around. And working a/c...

Strip it down to the frame. The cab has to be replaced anyway so why not go all the way and clean/paint the chassis. Bushings, brakes, ball joints, plastic fuel tank, etc. It was built from the ground up when it was assembled so this is the only way to do it right. Thinking about some custom touches like wrapping the dash in ostrich or rattlesnake skin, Mexican blanket seat upholstery, "astroturf" floor covering, which could all change when I get to that stage. New bed planks. Deglossed black chalkboard paint applied with rattle cans, will probably roll in primer for awhile as my first ambitious goal is to get it rolling, legal and dependable.

Oh, and 235/75R15 whitewalls wrapped on the flat black ralleys with chrome rings with dual exhaust chrome tips. Rats rule.
notyo_cheez is offline   Reply With Quote