The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-19-2011, 08:54 AM   #1
70cst

My Almost New & Never Used Road Reflectors

I bought these a while back to be used as a disply for the Circuit Rider...

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:36 AM   #2
1970 Bowtie
It's all in the timing

Re: My Almost New & Never Used Road Reflectors

Those are vintage cool,but whats wrapped in the cloth flares?
1970 Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:38 AM   #3
70cst

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970 Bowtie View Post
Those are vintage cool,but whats wrapped in the cloth flares?
Those are red flags ...

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

Old 07-19-2011, 09:53 AM   #4
1970 Bowtie
It's all in the timing

Ah,that makes sense.The box looks old but the reflectors and the cloth look new.How old is the safty gear?
Old 07-19-2011, 10:10 AM   #5
70cst

Quote:
Ah,that makes sense.The box looks old but the reflectors and the cloth look new.How old is the safty gear?
This was taken out of a 70-72 era C10 and was never used. I also got the comple Jack Set bit the bag was missing. So now I am in search foe a very nice used or a repop.

The Grote Company ...
Quote:
A Century Of Leadership and Innovation

The average person has probably never heard the name Grote. It's not a common household name like Levis or Coke or Xerox. But the fact is, millions of people throughout North America and the world benefit from the innovation and design excellence of Grote products.

Today the road is filled with cars and trucks using Grote lighting components. The nation's highways are safer thanks to Grote safety systems. In fact, Grote pioneered many of the manufacturing processes that we take for granted today in America.

William Grote started our company at the turn of the 20th century. Our legacy of original thinking and visionary leadership was established by our founder. Early in the life of the growing young company, William Grote demonstrated his capacity for innovation. While exploring Europe for new technologies, Grote brought the first plastic injection molding machines to the USA. Shortly thereafter, Grote became the first producer of plastic products in the United States.

During the 1920's, our company shifted its focus to making products for the automotive market. At that point, Grote embarked on a program of research and development that has led the industry in vehicle safety equipment. Not content to simply follow the trends, Grote helped define the direction of automotive lighting and design, setting the pace for better methods and higher standards of safety through a continued commitment to innovation. William Grote's prophetic view of the future still guides and influences our company today.

The Torch Is Passed To A New Generation

William's son, Walter F. Grote, Sr. carried on the innovative spirit with a number of breakthrough designs and processes. Perhaps the best measure of his groundbreaking philosophy is the number of "firsts" that can be attributed to the Grote company.

The nation's first injection molded plastic products (1922)

First fully automatic plastic injection molding machine (1929)

World's first retro-reflective reflector, the universal basis for today's reflectors (1929)

First commercially available injection molding material (1936)

Invention of the Turtle-Back Marker Lamp, the Industry's first all non-metallic lamp (1965)

Industry's first no-splice wiring system (1965)

Industry's first repairable, long-life lamp (1977)

World's first modular trailer wiring system, UBS (1983)

First LED marker light (1989)

With a track record like this, it's easy to see why Grote has earned a reputation as "the first name in vehicle safety systems."

Poised For The Next 100 Years Of Growth

The vehicle safety market has undergone tremendous change in the last quarter century, and Grote Industries is positioned to continue
our leadership role. With the increasing globalization of car and truck production, Grote expanded into Canada in 1976 and Mexico in 1993.

With today's heightened emphasis on high technology, long service life and increased efficiency, the company founded Grote Electronics in Waterloo Ontario, 1992. With these expanded capabilities, Grote is once again out in front. Grote's LED products and sophisticated tractor-to-trailer communications systems are meeting the needs of the dynamic heavy truck industry.

Still Family-Owned, Still Customer-Focused

In this day of mega-mergers and absentee ownership, Grote customers can still call the main office and talk to Mr. Grote. In fact, there are quite a few Grote's working in all aspects of the business. The tradition of strong customer service has been passed on directly from one generation to the next -- and to all Grote employees -- helping to deliver complete customer satisfaction. In a very real sense, the history of Grote Industries is still being written every day.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:19 AM   #6
1970 Bowtie
It's all in the timing

Dewayne,Thx for posting the write up on the Grote company.Being in the trucking industry for many years I never relized who the company was,but have seen the name many times.I went to there website and they have some neat products like the emergency roadside light repair kit,which would come in handy instead of the new fines,pionts against the driver-company,and being put out of service.Because if the wheels aint turnin I aint earnin.Also the reflectors and everything in your kit look brand new,hard to believe they are 40 yrs old.Kudos to you on a great and rare find.I will keep my eyes open for the jack bag and thanks again for the post.Done rambling,Mike.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:23 PM   #7
70cst

Quote:
Dewayne,Thx for posting the write up on the Grote company.Being in the trucking industry for many years I never relized who the company was,but have seen the name many times.I went to there website and they have some neat products like the emergency roadside light repair kit,which would come in handy instead of the new fines,pionts against the driver-company,and being put out of service.Because if the wheels aint turnin I aint earnin.Also the reflectors and everything in your kit look brand new,hard to believe they are 40 yrs old.Kudos to you on a great and rare find.I will keep my eyes open for the jack bag and thanks again for the post.Done rambling,Mike.
You are very welcomed

Old 07-21-2011, 01:12 AM   #8
70cst

Anybody else seen reflectors like these? Just courious??