The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-24-2011, 12:44 AM   #1
Frkypunk70

Sell one truck to pay for another?

Like the title says, I wonder is it worth getting rid of my driver to fund another project? It would really jump start the project, but I have a feeling I may regret it, and know I will lose money I already put in my truck. My wife says I can keep both, but I don't exactly have a financial windfall right now. Just wondering what others do? Save and keep, or sell and start over? Thanks, Timmy
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-24-2011, 12:49 AM   #2
chewychevy67

Re: Sell one truck to pay for another?

i sold one of my 67 to further my swb 67;s build last year and at the time it was all good but really regret it now. My swb wont be finished till late next year so i hate not having something to tinker with and drive while im waiting. its your truck but if you love it i wouldn't sell it.
chewychevy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:51 AM   #3
Ackattack

I sold my 72 to help pay for my 68.

It was tough since I got my 72 as a junior in HS and had it for 11 years, but in the end I don't regret it. My 68 is the truck I'd always wanted. My 72 was the truck I could afford at the time.
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:01 AM   #4
Frkypunk70

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewychevy67 View Post
i sold one of my 67 to further my swb 67;s build last year and at the time it was all good but really regret it now. My swb wont be finished till late next year so i hate not having something to tinker with and drive while im waiting. its your truck but if you love it i wouldn't sell it.
This is one of my biggest fears. My 70 runs and drives great. If I get sick of "tinkering" around the house I jump in it and go for a drive. If it's not there, I have no way of getting out and remembering what my goal is. One sad example of how attached you get to a vehicle.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-24-2011, 01:15 AM   #5
dubds10
Stalker Nate

It's like buying a home, if you want to get ahead in life and make money and be profitable you can't get attached to them. You buy to gain something in life and if you've gained your enjoyment and possibly more money then you can move on the next one. I buy and sell trucks and parts to fund my '72 Blazer since I've wanted a blazer since I was a little kid. Now I have it I only plan on keeping it. The rest are just to have fun with and tinker with and MAYBE sell when I decide I'm bored lol

I'd do it if you can make some money off it, but if you don't think you can make money, how about swapping some parts around that wont affect the value of the truck when you sell and put them on your project truck.

Instagram - TheDonutDiner
FaceBook - @UscreamIscream
dubds10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:29 AM   #6
Frkypunk70

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubds10 View Post
It's like buying a home, if you want to get ahead in life and make money and be profitable you can't get attached to them. You buy to gain something in life and if you've gained your enjoyment and possibly more money then you can move on the next one. I buy and sell trucks and parts to fund my '72 Blazer since I've wanted a blazer since I was a little kid. Now I have it I only plan on keeping it. The rest are just to have fun with and tinker with and MAYBE sell when I decide I'm bored lol

I'd do it if you can make some money off it, but if you don't think you can make money, how about swapping some parts around that wont affect the value of the truck when you sell and put them on your project truck.
I know what your saying. I occasionally flip cars for extra money. That said, flipping these trucks isn't exactly feasible in the northeast. Long story short I'm not gonna make money off my driver, but lose it. I do have a quad and other parts I could sell but it wold be nice to get some serious drivetrain money I've found, when working on these things money is what makes your project a little easier.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-24-2011, 01:47 AM   #7
QKENUF4U

ive always sold one project to fund another... ya cant drive them all at the same time so no use having more than one .......
QKENUF4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:19 AM   #8
special-K
Special Order

I say be patient and keep your driver so you'll have one to drive. Not to sound negative,but there's always the possibility your project won't get done. Also,if you do sell the driver and put the money into your project,where will you be with it? Still a log way off or would this get it done? You sound like you like the trucks enough to stick with it. But,many who only have a project wind up throwing in the towel because it becomes this thing just sitting there hanging over them. If you don't have the finances to be working on it steadily you lose the connection. If you have one you drive in the meanwhile you keep the connection.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:09 AM   #9
big_al_71

90% of projects NEVER get finished I have seen it over and over so since you are asking I WOULD NOT sell and enjoy it work on the project as money comes..Good Luck.

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:55 PM   #10
72peace

You first need to determine if you wife MEANT keep both or if she said do whatever the **** you want to. If she mean't keep both then you should obey your wife, because she knows best...all sarcasim aside, I would keep both and fix both a little at a time, it should keep you busy for many happy years to come. Plus your wife could drive the other when it's done.

Cheers,
72peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:01 PM   #11
ETsC10
Hand Crafted C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72peace View Post
You first need to determine if you wife MEANT keep both or if she said do whatever the **** you want to...
ETsC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:37 PM   #12
Frkypunk70

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72peace View Post
You first need to determine if you wife MEANT keep both or if she said do whatever the **** you want to. If she mean't keep both then you should obey your wife, because she knows best...all sarcasim aside, I would keep both and fix both a little at a time, it should keep you busy for many happy years to come. Plus your wife could drive the other when it's done.

Cheers,
hadn't thought of it that way...great now more to think about, THanks!
Posted via Mobile Device