The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-24-2011, 03:04 AM   #51
leddzepp

Re: I Rolled the Dice Boys...Bought a 67 CST sight unseen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 TT View Post
Sell it to a friend out of state with no in-op fee b.s. and let them get it registered in their state then buy it back from them a few months later.
A used car dealership here in town was fined 100K for doing that a few years ago. They sent salvaged or missing/lost titled vehicles out of state, retitled them there, and brought them back here getting a "clean" title and resold them.

But...I did sell it to someone out of state. He was from Nevada and owned a super clean original 63 C/20 that he wanted to convert to 1/2 ton (6-lug) suspension and from leaf springs to trailing arms. He priced doing that with Currie and CPP, and it was of course $1000's. When he saw my ad on C/L, he wanted to buy the whole thing, as title/registration were not important to him...and use the suspension parts, as well as the power brake set-up and power steering. Here is how it looked just before we loaded it up on his trailer. I had a LOT of local C/L interest in the motor/trans, but everyone wanted to sit in my driveway for 8 hours and pull them...no thanks It was bad enough when I sold the bed and 4 guys came over to pull it off at 8 pm My neighbors LOVED that
Attached Images

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:29 PM   #52
68 TT
Still plays with trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by leddzepp View Post
A used car dealership here in town was fined 100K for doing that a few years ago. They sent salvaged or missing/lost titled vehicles out of state, retitled them there, and brought them back here getting a "clean" title and resold them.

But...I did sell it to someone out of state. He was from Nevada and owned a super clean original 63 C/20 that he wanted to convert to 1/2 ton (6-lug) suspension and from leaf springs to trailing arms. He priced doing that with Currie and CPP, and it was of course $1000's. When he saw my ad on C/L, he wanted to buy the whole thing, as title/registration were not important to him...and use the suspension parts, as well as the power brake set-up and power steering. Here is how it looked just before we loaded it up on his trailer. I had a LOT of local C/L interest in the motor/trans, but everyone wanted to sit in my driveway for 8 hours and pull them...no thanks It was bad enough when I sold the bed and 4 guys came over to pull it off at 8 pm My neighbors LOVED that
If we were closer I would have tried to work a deal for the truck and give the NV guy my old 67 C-10 rear frame section so he could get what he wants too. Short beds are next to impossible to find around here.
68 Camaro SS / RS 500hp 439 inch roller cam big block 4L80E
79 Malibu TPI 350 4L60 w/ Z28 steering & sway bars
68 TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:46 PM   #53
209jose71

my fees were backed up from 1997 when i got my 71 and all i paid were 100 bucks for my current tags and title if its not in the system for more then 7 years or more you dont have to pay for it well atleast what the lady told me from dmv
209jose71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:38 PM   #54
dukcaln

O snap!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leddzepp View Post
unfortunately, it has not been registered since 2001, and there are close to $1000 due in dmv back fees...in other words it is a good "parts truck". I am pulling some parts from it, and sending it on down the road. For a mere $10, the po could have filed a non-operation (freeze) on the registration and this would have been avoided.