The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-18-2011, 03:15 PM   #1
KensChevy

'68 short wide project

Here are a few pics of my current project. I got this truck from a buddy about 2 years ago, and finally got serious last summer..but I have now "painted" myself into a corner on some of this stuff - as I didn't mock everything up before I painted some of it, and now Im trying to figure out how to get some of my parts installed without tearing stuff up....could use a few ideas on parking brake - I welded all the holes shut on the firewall, and would like to find the simplest way to fix this and keep the firewall as clean as possible- considered a floor mount, but not sure if I am gonna keep the bench seat or go to a bucket seat and console...buddy seat? (those are hard to find). Will a parking brake for a 73-87 work? Re-routing the cable? Sure open to suggestions...on another note, how do I add an Icon to my page? Thanks!!!
Attached Images

KensChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:03 PM   #2
mightymouse

Re: '68 short wide project

hey there' kens chevy . project looks sweet. and were almost neighbors. i live in crowley. hope to see it going down the road someday. floor hand-brake sounds like it may work. i thought about doing that if i ever get that far along. good luck..johnny
mightymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:18 PM   #3
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: '68 short wide project

Looks like a nice start to a clean project. Sometimes you have to take two steps back to go forward one. In regards to your E-Brake dilemma, have you looked at what Lokar has to offer? LINK If you see something you like, I suggest you check with our Forum Vendors to see what kind of deals they might offer on Lokar products.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote