The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-25-2011, 06:30 PM   #1
slammed65

ride tech kit questions.

how you all doin, i recently got a 65 burb that im looking to bag. now i really would like it to lay frame, but im also not trying to peice a kit together. so i was looking at the ride tech stage 2 kit. now does anyone have any pics of the 60s body style c10 with this kit installed? ive been searching and all i can find are 67s and up.
thanks jon.
slammed65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:27 PM   #2
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Re: ride tech kit questions.

Try looking in the 60-66 "Projects and Builds" area.

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:32 PM   #3
jmedero

Scotts hot rods is building a 66 burb laid out with their bolt in susp front and rear. It's killer. Check them out. Jon or Justin.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-26-2011, 12:16 PM   #4
tech@scottshotrods

Hey Slammed65 I am a previous Ridetech Employee and think I can help. The Ridetech kit will Lay up front with obvious mods to the inner fender and a trimming of the bump stop and maybe one or two minor odds and ends, now going back to the rear the Ridetech rear kit is not designed to lay out at all, see Air Ride/ Ridetech went with a different approach when it comes to air suspension they focus on over all ride quality and performance rather than drop as Bret would say "that just happens to be a happy coincidence". With the kits they design they focus on the designed ride height, dropping the center of gravity and focusing on improving handling characteristics rather than how low will it go at full drop. So if you are looking at laying frame the Ridetech kit is not for you, at around the same price I can set you up with Our Scotts Super Slam Bolt in IFS cross member which will lay frame up to a 31" tall tire, the motor mounts, braided brake line kit, power steering line kit, steering u joints, 3/4 heim dd mount, stainless steel DD shaft, Scotts rear super slam 4-link with a step notch, and the Ridetech E3 with 5 gal tank and dual compressors. a few advantages with converting to the bolt in cross member is it converts to power rack steering, it comes complete with disc brakes, adjustable upper and lower a-arms, and our suspension gets approx. 11" of over all suspension travel will little camber change....

Now if you are looking to get a dirrect bolt in kit with no fab, to achieve a lowered stance with out laying frame, to improve handling and ride quality the Ridetech kit would be a killer kit for you! and I can save you quite a bit of coin on it to boot LOL

If you want to pick my brain feel free to fire over any questions you might have.
tech@scottshotrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:25 PM   #5
slammed65

Thanks guys, i think im gona keep with the air tech kit. I have alot to get done befor I order anything but ill deffently give you a shout when I come to that point. I would like to lay frame but handling is also something im shooting for witch is really why I was lookin to ride tech to begin with. So I think ill fab some taller inner wheel wells and see were that gets me with it.
Thanks jon
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-26-2011, 02:41 PM   #6
tech@scottshotrods

Give me a call 805 485 0382
Old 07-26-2011, 02:51 PM   #7
craig@ridetech.com
Formerly LSC71

I found this image in our archives. Hopefully it will help you. Jon can definitely help you out with any questions and getting you set up with product. We are always here to help as well. Thanks!
Attached Images

craig@ridetech.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:41 PM   #8
slammed65

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig@ridetech.com View Post
I found this image in our archives. Hopefully it will help you. Jon can definitely help you out with any questions and getting you set up with product. We are always here to help as well. Thanks!
Yea that sits perfect, Thanks.
Jon
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by slammed65; 07-26-2011 at 03:43 PM. Reason: on my dag on phone
Old 07-26-2011, 04:46 PM   #9
tech@scottshotrods

Jon Please call me to discuss
Old 07-26-2011, 08:29 PM   #10
PBFAB.COM

It does sit pretty nice ... Porterbuilt Dropmember up front and a mild notch with factory trailing arms out back. That's one of the very first trucks to get a Dropmember and belongs to Dino here on the board. We specialize in suspension components for the C10 and have several options. Just let me know if I can help answer any questions you might have.
Posted via Mobile Device

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson