The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-28-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
Hisroth

Oil pressure gauge

I've got the original oil pressure gauge line coming through the firewall and what looks like a place where I could link a new sending unit to it and continue to use the old line/gauge instead of installing all new.

Anyone know if I can find a sending unit I can install somewhere that will use the same line style from a 70 c10 so that I can couple in right on the engine side of the firewall where it looks like a coupler already exists so I don't have to put in an entirely new gauge and everything?

Also, where would I install the sending unit in a 1993 350 motor? It's got plenty of old plugs in the block that are capped now where TBI stuff once went I believe.
Hisroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:56 PM   #2
Sinister
Between Trucks...

Re: Oil pressure gauge

The oil pressure gauges in these trucks are mechanical, no sending unit. The line should fit into the back of the block behind the distributor. You may or may not need an adapter for your '93 block.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:35 PM   #3
Hisroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
The oil pressure gauges in these trucks are mechanical, no sending unit. The line should fit into the back of the block behind the distributor. You may or may not need an adapter for your '93 block.
Ah, okay. The term sending unit was only to describe that it was on the block side of things where I had a question. I wouldn't know what else to call it besides a sending unit. I will have to see if I can get a mirror into the back or something to look at it. Is that the only location I can put the line? Or can I put it in another open hole somewhere on the block? I have a couple by the exhaust where there were some O2 sensors or something I believe as well.

I'll check with carquest and see what they've got as far as an adapter, thanks!
Old 07-28-2011, 10:40 PM   #4
eagleuh1

Anybody that sells the mechanical guages should sell the copper tubing and fitting kit. I bought mine at AutoZone, but Oreilly's has them also. It will have a union to connect to the existing line fitting, as well as various size adapter fittings to put in the engine oil port. And no, The oil guage won't sense oil pressure from an O2 sensor port! Sorry.
eagleuh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:31 AM   #5
Hisroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleuh1 View Post
Anybody that sells the mechanical guages should sell the copper tubing and fitting kit. I bought mine at AutoZone, but Oreilly's has them also. It will have a union to connect to the existing line fitting, as well as various size adapter fittings to put in the engine oil port. And no, The oil guage won't sense oil pressure from an O2 sensor port! Sorry.
LOL, I don't know what they are, I just know there was a lot of TBI stuff plugged in all over that's now plugged.

Thats awesome, thats probably what was done before as well and what I was calling a coupler. Thanks.