The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Tools, Shops and Shop Safety

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-05-2009, 12:48 PM   #26
everlast

Re: plasma cutter questions

Hello shifty ..

Only saw your post on this forum lost night ..

we do have all updated manuls on our site

http://www.everlastgenerators.com/manuals_videos.html

PM me your address i will send you some consumbles for your troubles

alex

www.everlastwelders.com
everlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:03 PM   #27
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Welcome to the forum Alex. We are glad to have you here as a vendor. Please let us know more about your product.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:43 AM   #28
everlast

Thank you N2TRUX

we carry all from 40a -100a plasma cutters , all comes with 30 days money back and 5 year warranty.. what kind of thickness you looking to cut ? I can give you good price on any unit i have.

please see this link http://www.everlastgenerators.com/Su...57-67-pcs.html

let me know if you like anything !

alex
650 588 8588

Last edited by everlast; 02-06-2009 at 02:47 AM.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:16 PM   #29
GiantTechGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_D View Post
The weakest link in the import (cheaper) models are the tips. Change it out for a quality one and you'll probably never notice the difference.

With most all of the Chinese import machines you will not be able to CHANGE the tips out for any name brand ones.
Most of the Chinese machines come with Chinese torches.
Hope this helps, Larry
GiantTechGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 01:22 PM   #30
Shane
Account Suspended

Funny, my Chinese import machine uses Lincoln tips ...
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 01:29 PM   #31
GiantTechGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Funny, my Chinese import machine uses Lincoln tips ...

What brand Chinese machine do you have? Got a pic of the torch head?
Old 02-14-2009, 02:24 PM   #32
everlast

would love to see that as well ....
650 588 8588
Old 02-14-2009, 02:28 PM   #33
Shane
Account Suspended

no pictures ... I'll try to remember and get one for ya this afternoon. plasma purchased off ebay about 10 years ago and have bought ALL of my consumables from a local welding supply shop. purchased them straight off the Lincoln display.

no "brand name" on the plasma unit, sorry ....

Last edited by Shane; 02-14-2009 at 02:29 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 02:48 PM   #34
GiantTechGuy

Quote:
no pictures ... I'll try to remember and get one for ya this afternoon. plasma purchased off ebay about 10 years ago and have bought ALL of my consumables from a local welding supply shop. purchased them straight off the Lincoln display.

no "brand name" on the plasma unit, sorry ....
But your machine is Italian?
Old 02-14-2009, 03:08 PM   #35
Shane
Account Suspended

Italian exported. but I always assumed because of the no-name and the lower cost it was Chinese made.

Does it being Italian made make a difference concerning the use of the Lincoln consumables?

Last edited by Shane; 02-14-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:19 PM   #36
GiantTechGuy

Quote:
Italian exported. but I always assumed because of the no-name and the lower cost it was Chinese made.

Does it being Italian made make a difference concerning the use of the Lincoln consumables?
Yes some Lincolns were farmed out to Italy.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:19 AM   #37
shifty
Questionable

Sorry for bumping this so late.

I just wanted to let anyone know that may've wondered....once Everlast finally answered my call and/or email, an updated "non-Engrish" PDF version of the manual arrived, and I promptly got the unit hooked up, set up, and I've been happily cutting through sections of frame and various other stuff like a hot knife through butter. The unit has been flawless, and has probably cut through about 200-300ft of steel at this point with no fussing.

The toughest part of getting the unit hooked up was getting the air lines taken care of. Like an idiot, I didn't unpack the box, so I didn't see that Everlast was nice enough to include air pressure regulator + water separator (all-in-one). I'd ended up buying my own water separator because I didn't notice. What I ended up doing was using their mounting bracket and one of the supplied barb fittings (on the exit-to-cutter side) and i mounted it my welding cart. i then put a standard air compressor quick-connect on the other side of the separator/regulator (so I can quickly connect air), set the cutter in the cart, attached the air hose from the separator/regulator, wired up the 220v plug end, turned on the unit, pressed the trigger to make sure i was getting air (i wasn't at first! had to troubleshoot that one! ended up being the air separator/regulator not letting air through, had to adjust to knob!)

once i found i was getting air, fired it up, and i relished in being able to take an entire front section of frame i'd gotten from Robb up in TN apart, cutting it into about 8-10 footlong pieces in less than 5 minutes. it took a bit of adjusting the amperage (you can set anything from 1amp-40amps on the front dial) to get it right. i fired it up at ~25a to start, and that was only deeply scoring the frame at a reasonable drag rate. i upped it to 35a and it was cutting right through with a slow drag. at a full 40a, it ate through the frame with little problem. just to screw around and show the unit to my dad while he was here a few weeks back, we set it to 10a and tore through some of his empty beer cans.

at first i thought it was stupid that they delivered the unit without a plug-end on the electrical cord. but afterwards, i was actually grateful, because there are so many 220v plugs out there, i would've probably had to change the damned thing anyway if it woulda came with one. getting it w/o the plug was much easier.

anyway, just sharing my experience in case any was wondering. if you're looking for bang vs. buck with a good solid warranty and aren't one of those guys who SWEAR by buying everything made in america, this Everlast unit has been pretty solid for my "hobby" use. i would probably go with Lincoln or Miller if i were a professional who depended on my plasma cutter for a living. this is nothing against Everlast, i truly believe that they would happily fix my unit in a heartbeat just because of the notorious workhorse reliability those models offer, the fact that they are made/serviced/distributed at thousands of outlets nationwide, and i think the time to get back up and going again with these models would probably be significantly less than Everlast. BUT with that said, in the, what, 8-10 months or so i've been using my Everlast cut40D, it has NEVER let me down, never died, never so much as had a single issue. that does say a lot to me. but i'm not an avid hardcore guy. i haven't even managed to work my way through a single tip yet.

YMMV. again, sorry for taking so long to get back on this one.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 02:20 PM   #38
Shane
Account Suspended

Where in the world have YOU been!?! Glad to see you're still kicking ... seriously, was worried about ya.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:35 PM   #39
shifty
Questionable

I appreciate that!

Long story. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=355824

There's a lot more to it than that, but ... eh. I won't bore you with the details.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:25 PM   #40
Shane
Account Suspended

Glad all is well! Hope newlywed / married life is treating you great!
Old 08-03-2009, 10:46 AM   #41
shifty
Questionable

Almost 2 years gone by already! Seems like we've been married for an eternity already. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing

Old 07-24-2011, 03:05 AM   #42
Layedoutsonoma91

I know this is an old thread, sorry for being a grave digger, but i just purchased a lotos plasma cutter and cant seem to get it working. I Can get the internal fan to come on, the torch will expel air, but never arcs. Never has arced since i got it. Think it could be DOA? Ive heard of these untis doing this, or is there something i could be missing? I have it hooked to 220, got my air pressure up to 60-80psi, grounded the metal, pull the trigger. All i get is air. HELP!! I got this unit off ebay and have had it since april. I just recently wired my new home for 220 and finally tried it to only find this out.
Layedoutsonoma91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:06 AM   #43
Layedoutsonoma91

link to my plasma cutter
http://cgi.ebay.com/LOTOS-LT5000D-50...ht_14063wt_924
Layedoutsonoma91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:27 PM   #44
wildearp

I have a Miller Spectrum 625. Like I always recommend, I watched Craigs List closely until I found what I was looking for. If you find a great deal, you need to go directly to the seller, and sometimes minutes count. People were lined up to buy this cutter. I had one at a previous employer, so I was shopping for that specific performance level.

Prior to that I had an import that would barely cut 3/16 and it would quickly burn up the expensive tip while doing it. I cut a lot of sheet metal and that was all it was really good for.

The miller has a no-touch start circuit and if you go to their website, there is a video of the performance on expanded metal and grate.

The seller replaced the Miller with a Hypertherm, which came with a CNC table he pretty much stole at a foreclosure.
wildearp is offline   Reply With Quote