The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-29-2011, 08:55 PM   #1
metal chevy

Paint the lower quarters?

Hey guys. I just bought my 82 a couple weeks ago. The paint is super faded and on the passenger side there is some primer spots, eventually i will be painting it. But for the time being, I was thinking i might paint the lower quarter panels below the trim with some spray on bedliner. I did this same thing with my Cherokee and it looked super good, alot of the Jeep guys did it. Theres more surface thats gonna be painted on the truck, and thats what kinda holding me back, I dont want it to look ****ty. Has anyone done this? Ill post a pic of my truck and of what im talkin about on my Jeep.
Attached Images

metal chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:50 PM   #2
Meatman

Re: Paint the lower quarters?

Im about to do it on my 93. Did it on my old 85 too. Pull all the trim off and scraped off the glue and used that as the line to run bedliner across. Just taped it off and rolled it on.

Heres a couple pics of it. Even same color! As you can see I rattle canned the bed side because it was all rusty. Miss that old truck.

Had lots of fun in that truck.
My 01 TA and 88 Formula hide in the garage. :-)
Meatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:27 AM   #3
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

id say go for it.. it will improve the look of the truck ... nice celica in that pic Meatman... i hope you didnt stop running over it once you got on the hood!

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:44 AM   #4
dman1982

i put it on the top of my cab, there was too much pitting for me to try and smooth it out, i like how it turned out, i used the spray kind, im going to put another coat of the roll on on there, the spray runs too much and has alot of over spray
dman1982 is offline   Reply With Quote