The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-05-2003, 01:44 PM   #26
Classic Heartbeat
Project Junkie! Fishing Poor!!

PureChevy, Yes we do cary the ones with either 6 or 10 disk CD controllers. We also sell the combination with the CD changers included in the package. There are all sorts of different configurations that prices run the gammit. They all look simeler in appearance, just with different button configurations. Here is a link to where they are on our website. Take a look...

http://www.classicheartbeat.com/stereos.htm

WES www.ClassicHeartbeat.com
Call us Toll Free (888) 338-2502
Like Us on Facebook
No appointment necessary.
72 BB Chevy Custom Deluxe / Custom Camper
67 I-6 (Soon to be 5.7 LS1) Panel
68 BB Chevy Short Bed
72 6.0 LQ9 Short Bed Chevy 4X4
Olympia's fastest growing truck parts supplier.
Olympia's home for Wayward Chevys
Classic Heartbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 01:50 PM   #27
SCOTI

Jewels, just because you had the $$ to buy this truck doesn't make you rich. Maybe someone has been saving $ out of every small paycheck they make & 15yrs later have enough to finally buy something they've always wanted..... & now can afford. Also, not everyone has the space to do a body-off resto.

I would love to own that truck & wouldn't hesitate to start changing stuff (like I happen to have a set of pristine original, unrestored, polished dog dish caps that would look really good on that truck!!!) + I never really was a fan of those factory door panels . . .....

I might even bid on it myself..........
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 02:39 PM   #28
jewels.

yes, excellent point scoti

unfortunately, most ppl would immediately ask you if i did all of the work on it myself

(been there - done that -- thats what i get asked right away about my truck probably cause i'm young, or female or somethin)

i couldnt respond without guilt, even when i say that bought it like it is.....

i'm just a resto nut - not happy with the way it is done by someone else.

but if someone saves their money for years - kudos! and i hope they enjoy the truck!

jewels.
Old 08-05-2003, 03:31 PM   #29
COBALT

...as for the "black paint under the hood thing" both of my hoods are original and are painted black underneath (both '69 C20 fleetside).

The hazard knob and backup light thing is understandable considering it's almost impossible to find an original turnsignal harness with the original hazard knob in it NOT broken. Every harness I've gotten my hands on has a broken knob. I even bought one from somebody once that was original, and it broke in transit!

As for the backup lenses the aftermarket ones won't have the circular pattern. You'll only get those in the scrap yard or off a parts truck.
Seattle, WA.
COBALT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 04:06 PM   #30
PureChevy

thank wes, when i finally decide to do my stereo i will be in touch.
Old 08-05-2003, 05:19 PM   #31
SCOTI

Jewels, it would really piss me off if everyone came up to me & asked 'if I did it myself' just because of my age or gender, so I applaud you wanting to do your own work!

My angle on the subject actually comes from experience. I took my twin to that 68 truck apart many years ago to do a total frame off & I'm still working on it as $$ & time permit. On the other end of the spectrum, my friend (also a board member here) just bought a super clean, frame up resto 77 swb. He bought it, did some suspension work & wheels, gave it a good detailing & is out enjoying it as much as possible.

The guy that owned the 77 before my friend had mentioned to him something about mounting tubular chrome bedrails on it. This truck looks soooooo much better since my friend got his hands on it.... it's scary to think it almost wound up w/some pep boys add on's. Most important, he's enjoying his truck while mine still sits in pieces . . ..... that truck is starting to look really tempting now....
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Last edited by SCOTI; 08-05-2003 at 06:13 PM.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:34 PM   #32
casey

boy did this post take a turn, it was just a pic for insentive for those workin towards there goal, restoring trucks is ok for those that don't mined skinin their knuckles, theres a lot of satisfying rewards from doing it yourself, put sometimes it don't turn out right either, and it can be extremely frustrating, and time consuming, theres no shame in buying a truck thats already done, and tweeking it themself, its a quicker way to hit the streets and start cruisin. one thing I can tell you is buying this truck the way it is, would be alot cheeper than doing it yourself, so Scoti go for it I'd be jealous
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 11:54 PM   #33
SCOTI

Casey, thanks for the incentive. It's much appreciated. I really love that color scheme for some reason (that's why I bought mine). Unfortunately, somebody else liked mine too & stole it/tore it up. . . .... which is the reason for the frame off once I actually got it back.

I'll be watching this one. If the price is less than what it takes to put mine back together...... hehehehehehehe
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG