The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-04-2003, 11:40 AM   #1
iluvmy72

Angry Brothers ripped me off

They sent me the same cheap seals as my brother got from JC Whitney for his truck but he paid half of what I paid and now they won't take it back because they said I bought it at a sale price?!?!.....I am buying everything from LMC and Chevy Duty for now on.

iluvmy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 11:49 AM   #2
Warbones
Navel Inspector

So you paid a higher price for seals that you could have gotten through JC Whitney at a lesser price and your going to consider going through LMC??? Might ask around about them as well. From what I am hearing they have a nice catalog with good detailed exploded view pictures and thats about it. Was the seals on sale at Brothers? I think I would have shopped around before ordering them. Although I am more concerned on quality then price. If I can get the same item somewhere else for cheaper, Great! But how does one know it's the same item?

1967 CST C10 Long Bed with a 283
Warbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 02:06 PM   #3
Steve @ BROTHERS

Call us and we'll resolve it

iluvmy72,

If you want to return the seals, call us, ask for John Lawrence (our sales manager) and he'll take care of it. As I've said here before on the board, we (BROTHERS Customer Service guys) are all car & truck guys too. We're not interested in sticking you with something you can't use or don't want. We've all run into the same issues ourselves over the years and we do what we can to make sure our customers get taken care of the way we would like to be. Buying it On-Sale does not mean you can't return it. Our return policy is pretty loose, if it's reasonable, we'll work out a resoultion for you regardless of when you bought it and how much you bought it for.

As far as JC Whitney, take your chances with quality if your trying to get a better deal. Just because JC Whitney's seals look like ours doesn't mean they're the same.

Steve Flanders
BROTHERS Customer Service
909-808-9790
800-977-2767
e-mail steve@brotherstrucks.com
Steve @ BROTHERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 02:35 PM   #4
Davy

Sounds like a reasonable response to me. Hopefully both parties get a fair resolution.

Davy

Looking for NOS items for my CST restoration.
Davy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 02:39 PM   #5
70 CST 4X4
Have A Nice Day!

Quote:
Originally posted by Davy
Sounds like a reasonable response to me. Hopefully both parties get a fair resolution.

Davy
I agree!
Front & Rear Disc Brakes
Front & Rear Posi 3.73 Gears
30 Gallon Stainless Fuel Tank
SOLD 01/18 !!!!!
2007 2500 HD Classic Crew Cab LT2 4X4 Duramax LBZ

70 CST 4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 03:15 PM   #6
cableguy0

definately seems like brothers is taking up there end of the deal and im gonna have to agree with the brothers rep just because two parts look the same doesnt mean they ARE the same jc whitney has been known through the years to sell some total garbage and also some decent stuff. but i will have to say if your looking to save money you better stay as far away from lmc as humanly possible because you wont save any money shopping with them
Owner of North Point Car Care in Dundalk Md. We specialize in custom exhaust on both modern and classic vehicles. We are a full service auto shop from classics to modern vehicles. Feel free to contact me with questions. I will give a 10% discount to any board member.
cableguy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 03:16 PM   #7
Custom 68

I didnt know anybody from Brothers was on the board. He has been registered for a while but few posts. Glad to see them on board (so to speak )
"A good friend will bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "that was frekin awesome".
"If it doesn't fit force it...If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway!"
Custom 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 03:26 PM   #8
COBALT

Ooops! Several people have made the mistake of jumping to conclusions, and getting on this board to ***** about a vendor only to have them respond because they're a member.

Usually stuff like this is either a lack of communication or complacency of either party.

How hard did you try to return them???

As for any vendor you're going to have ups and downs. I've had all kinds of trouble with LMC. They're also more expensive, so if you're concerned about $$$ why are you thinking about going to them?

As for the actual item what seals are you buying? Is there a reason you're not going to NAPA for them?
Seattle, WA.
COBALT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 05:36 PM   #9
mocwon
Keep On Truckin'

Can't ask for any better customer service than what Steve has offered.
Old 08-04-2003, 05:53 PM   #10
c10crazy
Like a Rock!

Steve@Brothers, that sounds like like very good customer service you are offering. This board has THOUSANDS of members. We are not all RICH. Just a suggestion, maybe you could post Weekly specials on our parts forum for us on various parts to help Us and You out!. Us truck guys are Always looking for a deal on parts to finish our trucks. This group of guys could keep your business booming!. We gotta deal?
c10crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 05:56 PM   #11
nejeff

END this post!

Do us a favor and end this post altogether! "Brothers Ripped me off" is a little too much! Talk about defaming a company's character! Never dealt with them but at least they came on and responded back in the "public forum". Won't see that often in life. Hope you guy's get it worked out
Old 08-04-2003, 05:56 PM   #12
busterwivell

What a timely response, too. Good show, Steve!
66 Chevrolet Malibu 2 dr 4 speed
71 Chevrolet C30 Longhorn
86 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS (Sold)
01 Chevrolet Tahoe
IM - BUSTERWIVE@aol.com
busterwivell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 06:15 PM   #13
Steven Sellers

Nice to see one more stand-up guy(guys) added to our board
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee(wifes/wrecked)
1977 DJ5 postal jeep(mmm lots of fun)
1988 Toyota 2wd p/u(DD, blewup 199,000)
1991 Toyota 2ed p/u (sry just cant break these things)
1997 XR70 Honda
1991 Z50(FOR SALE)
1972 Z50 Honda
1970 SWB 350/knucklebuster "The adventure begins and I am confident that there will be no end".
Steven Sellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 06:21 PM   #14
RON WOODGEARD
Resident Young Old Dude !

Steve@brothers,

You've attracted my attention, I haven't purchased anything from Borthers as of yet, Mainly because I DID live in Las Vegas and I could go to Tuckers and buy it. But now that I will have to mail order, you guys will be first on my list!!!!

It's great to see so many representatives from the different companies here.

Ron
RON WOODGEARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 06:40 PM   #15
Maximum Overdrive
December 21, 2012

I still fail to see how they "ripped" you off. Pretty clear to me you were more than happy with the part until your brother walked in with a part that was similar and was cheaper from JC Whitney. In my book they didnt do anything wrong and you should feel pretty damn lucky they appeared on the board and even offered to take back the part.
Maximum Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 06:47 PM   #16
john
member #16

I bought a seal set a couple of years ago from Brothers. It was a complete cab set, doors w/shield etc and everything I got was very good quality. Was happy with wood bed kit also. John
john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 07:40 PM   #17
Shane
Account Suspended

Kudo's to Steve@Brothers for his quick response and more-than-fair reply on returning the parts.

Doesn't sound like a "Rip-Off" to me when the guy offers to take them back ....
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 12:32 AM   #18
iluvmy72

Thank You Steve......I did compare it to the other brand and there is a difference in thickness......I will keep the seals and use them.....I don't mean to try to tarnish Brothers but I was just upset at the time after I called and they said I couldn't return them. The way the guy broke it down was I told him I started to install them and had removed the wrapping but I didn't apply the adhasive yet and he thought I did.....Nice to know the companies are backing their products on this board.
iluvmy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 03:10 AM   #19
GMC_Aaron

I have bought alot of stuff from Brothers; that's after I tried all of the others and I will continue to buy from them because they have been good to me. There are only a couple of other shops that I will buy from besides Brothers and LMC is definitely not one of them. They have done me wrong a couple of times, most notably when I purchased a faulty fuel gauge from them. I was going on a long trip with few gas stations along the way, so I really needed a gauge bad. I ordered from LMC and got a "Dud". I had 2 days until I leave for my trip and I was trying to come up with an alternate plan. I decided to order from Brothers and I was prepared to pay for extra shipping, but the customer service rep. charged me for ground freight, assuring me that I would get it next day. I did! That really impressed me. I guess when it comes to parts for our trucks, there are going to be some bad parts that everyone sells because there is only one manufacturer on certain things, but LMC seems to have alot more than everyone else. Steve @ Brothers is an example of the excellent customer service @ Brothers and I'm a big customer service fan.
GMC_Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 07:50 AM   #20
A.P.
Black 72 Chevy

Brothers could be pricy but they sell quality parts. I never had any trouble with their service or product.
Old 08-06-2003, 02:13 AM   #21
lost wages

i ordered from them for the first time the other day, i bought a bolt set to put my truck back together, the package weighs 3 pounds and i was charged 24 dollars for shipping, ups ground. other than that they seem ok. I dont think i will order small things from them anymore though.
lost wages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 02:47 AM   #22
Chevy4Life

Quote:
Originally posted by lost wages
the package weighs 3 pounds and i was charged 24 dollars for shipping, ups ground.
Chevy4Life is offline   Reply With Quote