The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-02-2011, 10:18 PM   #1
71GeneralMotorsCorp

71 GMC "Mean Green"

Hello, I picked up my first 67-72 gm truck today, it's a 71 GMC 1500, with factory air and leaf springs in the rear.. 350/350 turbo, electronic ignition, original hubcaps, ect..

I bought it from a guy outside of Independence Kansas, for 1200 bucks, drove it 70 miles home, and it did just fine.

I am the second owner, the original owner had bought the truck brand new and took his wife on their honeymoon with this truck.. i'm 16 years old, and i promised to restore it, and send him pictures, as this truck was very sentimental to him.

He included some rare paperwork, i believe.. You guys may be able to tell me haha. okay, it included two window stickers, original window stickers, one civilian copy and one dealer's. It also included a new vehicle warranty booklet from 1971 registered to this truck.

The truck is dark olive green, it's good running, i just need a few new parts like a windshield, a tailgate, dome light, and other small parts. It has very minimum rust, a quarter size hole in the passenger side rocker, that's it.

No pictures though, my mom has a camera, but it's so old it doesn't even have a cord that plugs up into a computer, she's gonna get a new one soon so i'll be able to get you guy's some pics.

Your website looks like a great, friendly place, and i hope i'll enjoy my stay!
71GeneralMotorsCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:24 PM   #2
oldman3

Re: 71 GMC "Mean Green"

Welcome to the site good luck with the build, keep us posted....Jim
oldman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:23 PM   #3
71GeneralMotorsCorp

Re: 71 GMC "Mean Green"

I got some pictures of the truck finally..

One of the pictures is the only rust on the truck, it's a kansas native truck, so it's pretty rust free.

It's a daily driver, so nothing special.
Attached Images

71GeneralMotorsCorp is offline   Reply With Quote