The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-21-2011, 08:24 PM   #1
72longbed
Account Suspended

Exclamation WTB Front Top Leaf Spring Plates w/Threaded Sway Bar Holes

WTB Top leaf spring plates to fit a 72 4x4. Need the ones with the sway bar holes in them. Figure there may be better exposure on this forum than the 4x4 forum.

I know they come off of the 73- up, but a lot of us 67-72 types have a few sets layin' around.

Anybody have a pair?
72longbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:08 PM   #2
68chevyfuelie

Re: WTB Front Top Leaf Spring Plates w/Threaded Sway Bar Holes

I've got a pair....what are they worth to you?
68chevyfuelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:12 PM   #3
72longbed
Account Suspended

Don't know ... thought you would have an 'asking price'.
Can you take pictures of them so I know they are what I'm looking for, and what shape they are in?

Thanks.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:43 PM   #4
jerry moss
Born Psycho

Smile Re: WTB Front Top Leaf Spring Plates w/Threaded Sway Bar Holes

does your truck still have the stock front diff under it ? i got bit in the a$$ several years ago when i picked up a later model disc brake front diff to use in my old 69, i rebuilt everything-ball joints, bearings etc- rolled it under my truck and my u-bolts wouldn't fit. it had 3" tubes instead of 2 3/4" tubes. i figured it wasn't a big deal, i'd order new plates from my local dealer-almost $200.00 for the pair. needless to say i did not order them and was lucky to find a used set for the "big tube 44". sorry this is so long but i wanted to save you the troubles i went through in case your diff has been swapped at some time. i paid around 30 bucks for the used ones if i remember correctly.
69 suburban K20-tilt,tach,vacuum,speedwarning,buckets,shoulder belts,am/fm,4 inch all spring lift,4 speed, 14 bolt full floater, dana 44 HD,warn winch,posi front and rear,tow hooks,plus other goodies.
73/80 chevy/gmc K20 SB400,turbo 400,205,tilt,a-c,gas hog.
77 K/5 cheyenne blazer-daily driver/beater. SON HAS IT NOW
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA

Last edited by jerry moss; 08-23-2011 at 11:46 PM. Reason: bad spelling
jerry moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:52 PM   #5
72longbed
Account Suspended

Question Re: WTB Front Top Leaf Spring Plates w/Threaded Sway Bar Holes

Ok Jerry, thanks (I think?) You're not trying to influence this sellers pricing ...are you?

What I would ask the seller to do is measure the center to center U-bolt distance for the drivers side and the passenger side. From what I remember, the one side has a wider bolt pattern than the other.

Lets be gentleman here.

Thanks.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:19 AM   #6
mrdana60
Account Suspended

if you cant get some i have some for 30 shipped
mrdana60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:40 AM   #7
jerry moss
Born Psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72longbed View Post
Ok Jerry, thanks (I think?) You're not trying to influence this sellers pricing ...are you?

What I would ask the seller to do is measure the center to center U-bolt distance for the drivers side and the passenger side. From what I remember, the one side has a wider bolt pattern than the other.

Lets be gentleman here.

Thanks.
not trying to influence the sellers price, just pointing out the crazy price the dealer wanted for brand new compared to used for a common part AND to save you the headache i went through. i also had to buy new u-bolts. the smaller tube 44 is much more common so the smaller plates are much more plentiful.
69 suburban K20-tilt,tach,vacuum,speedwarning,buckets,shoulder belts,am/fm,4 inch all spring lift,4 speed, 14 bolt full floater, dana 44 HD,warn winch,posi front and rear,tow hooks,plus other goodies.
73/80 chevy/gmc K20 SB400,turbo 400,205,tilt,a-c,gas hog.
77 K/5 cheyenne blazer-daily driver/beater. SON HAS IT NOW
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
jerry moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:05 AM   #8
special-K
Special Order

I bought K30 plates for $30 shipped a few months ago. So that sounds right. If a seller uses the USPS medium flat rate box the weight won't hurt shipping.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 02:17 PM   #9
72longbed
Account Suspended

Thumbs up Re: WTB Front Top Leaf Spring Plates w/Threaded Sway Bar Holes

68chevyfeulie AND mrdana60,

please post or send to me pics and the measurements. I need to verify that the ones you have for sale are in the condition I'm looking for and that they will fit (measurement). Need to see pictures of the threaded hole for condition also.

I'll go with the best of the bunch.

Fair enough? Thanks.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:55 PM   #10
68chevyfuelie

I'll pass for $30...not worth my time. If no luck elsewhere I'll at least take some pictures/measurements for you, if nobody else can do it.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:07 PM   #11
72longbed
Account Suspended

Exclamation Re: WTB Front Top Leaf Spring Plates w/Threaded Sway Bar Holes

For what it's worth, chevyfuelie ... I think the "what's it worth to you" response when selling something on here is a violation of Forum Rules. I might be wrong on this, but I seem to recall from the far past (been on here a few years) that there needs to be a "stated price" by a seller, and not an 'auction, high bidder, or 'see how much I can get' pricing.

A Moderator can correct me if I'm wrong ... but I do believe I'm right on this.

"How much are they worth to you", didn't sit well with me, (neither does "not worth my time.")

Good Luck with that approach.

72longbed
Old 08-24-2011, 11:05 PM   #12
mrdana60
Account Suspended

trying to help a fellow wheeler out. i got a bunch of spring plates if more people need some
Old 08-24-2011, 11:55 PM   #13
68chevyfuelie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72longbed View Post
For what it's worth, chevyfuelie ... I think the "what's it worth to you" response when selling something on here is a violation of Forum Rules. I might be wrong on this, but I seem to recall from the far past (been on here a few years) that there needs to be a "stated price" by a seller, and not an 'auction, high bidder, or 'see how much I can get' pricing.

A Moderator can correct me if I'm wrong ... but I do believe I'm right on this.

"How much are they worth to you", didn't sit well with me, (neither does "not worth my time.")

Good Luck with that approach.

72longbed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68chevyfuelie View Post
I'll pass for $30...not worth my time. If no luck elsewhere I'll at least take some pictures/measurements for you, if nobody else can do it.
Get a moderator involved if you want. If I have done something against the Board Rules through ignorance, I will eat humble pie and apologize.

I believe you are right on the "seller" having to provide pricing to avoid bidding wars. I'm not a seller, I'm responding to a WTB. You have had 3 or 4 people say the parts you want are worth $30-40. You have had one person offer to sell them to you for $30. It is not worth my time to sell you the parts you want for $30. Hence my question "What are they worth to you?". If you had answered me $30, I would have passed, as I thought I politely did. Since the general consensus is $30, go deal with the person who offered them to you for $30. I had thought I had been polite enough that I would take pictures and measurements if you needed/wanted them to make sure you had the right parts.

Call me everything but a white man, I don't care. I don't know why you're upset with me, you have been offered the parts you want for $30. Go deal with him/her, and good luck. I thought I was quite clear I am passing at the $30 mark, but was still willing to help you out.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:28 PM   #14
mrdana60
Account Suspended

pm me. your inbox is full got pics for you
Old 08-26-2011, 06:27 PM   #15
72longbed
Account Suspended

Measuring the U-bolt tops, it appears to be roughly 3 3/8 inches from center to center across the axle tube on the drivers side. Then on the passenger side you have that one u-bolt that goes around the 'chunk' housing that's a bit wider.

72 Dana 44, 8 lug from what I can see.