The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-01-2011, 10:46 PM   #1
cjlinkster

Argh! Carburetor parts

I am in the middle of rebuilding my carb, when I noticed that the power piston retainer bushing is cracked. I contacted all of the usually places local (auto parts stores), and none of them carry the bushing. They wanted to sell me either a new carb or a re-manufactured. So next, I contacted carburetor shops.

Maybe this is normal business, but I am shocked that my only two local carburetor shops require a minimum purchase amount of greater than $25. Neither place would sale me an over priced $3 nylon bushing.

Perhaps this is the reason why these kinds of places are going out of business. With money in hand, they refused to sale me a bushing that I needed for my rebuild. What ever happened to customer service? Am I missing something in this situation? McDonald's doesn't have any issues with accepting my money.

I ended up ordering the bushing over the internet, along with a couple of other items to meet their minimum purchase price. I am having to pay $7 shipping for a plastic bushing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's just crazy

Last edited by cjlinkster; 09-01-2011 at 10:58 PM.
cjlinkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:57 PM   #2
Meatman

Re: Argh! Carburetor parts

Typical. They will complain the internet is stealing their business and then they pull crap like that.
My 01 TA and 88 Formula hide in the garage. :-)
Meatman is offline   Reply With Quote