The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-10-2003, 08:51 PM   #1
Christopher

Suburban value

I have to sell my 1970 Suburban although I don't want to!
I need to know what a reasonable price to ask would be.
It is in excellent condition, 110,000 original miles on it driving from Oregon to Mexico by my Great Grandfather who bought it new, they used it to drive from their summer house to Mexico and Arizona for the winter, needless to say it has always been in a garage and has always had rediculous maintenence, like antifreeze flush, oil change, chassis lube, filters etc. all every 3,000 miles! also has had a bypass oil filter system on it since new, I still do the same maintenence Grandpa did and the oil is still clear at 3,000 miles. The reason I change is it sits in the garage with a run once a month or so.
Has a 292 inline 6 engine, I checked the compression on it about 500 miles ago and it was even all the way across at 145.
4 speed manual transmission, 3/4 ton and this will tow a lot! The interior is clean but the seats are not perfect, headliner is great as well as the original floor mat and door panels, dash pad has a small crack otherwise everything is in great condition.
No real rust on it and it has the original paint but it should be painted as it has a dent and scratch in the drivers door and one of the rear doors, paint is still shiny though.
This is a no option model, no air, AM radio and that is about it. It has been sitting here in my garage and it will start to fall apart if I keep it and I don't want that. I want someone to have it that will take care of it, fix it up and apreciate it.
So if you were able to get through all of that rambling, what would this be worth and what would be a reasonable starting price?
Thanks a bunch,
Christopher
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 10:28 PM   #2
BIG ORANGE

I'll need pics but I'll start off with 1000.00 and I know burbs!

Things happen for a reason!
BIG ORANGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 10:36 PM   #3
cdowns

if you want to run an auction put it on ebay if you read rules and conditions of this board they clearly state that you must list a price
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 11:05 PM   #4
68 Suburban

Quote:
Originally posted by cdowns
if you want to run an auction put it on ebay if you read rules and conditions of this board they clearly state that you must list a price
I think you are jumping him a little quick. I read his post as asking for "advice" what to price it. No where did he ask for offers on his burb. First and formost this board is to help each other out with our knowledge and thoughts. His post was asking for just that.

With out seeing pictures, I would say $3000 plus.

Where is the burb located?

Last edited by 68 Suburban; 08-10-2003 at 11:09 PM.
68 Suburban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 09:44 AM   #5
Christopher

Thank you 68 Suburban.
I really should make it clear that I am not selling it yet, just wanting ideas.
It is located in North Dakota now, on blocks in my garage taking up a lot of needed room!
Old 08-11-2003, 12:35 PM   #6
toms68cst

What part of ND?

TREASURER, Drum Brake Club.
toms68cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 01:26 PM   #7
Christopher

Near Rugby, I am just a few hours away from you.
Old 08-11-2003, 03:31 PM   #8
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

id love to see pics of this truck too i love the old original ones and $3000 may be in the ball park ive seen them go in the neighborhood of $3500 but again it depends upon the condition. It is hard to determine that even with pics on here but it does give alot clearer a picture. no pun intended

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote