The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-09-2011, 07:27 AM   #26
81ShrtBox
MadMan

Re: 350 or inline 6???

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsavage View Post
I don't think that a 67-72 era truck with a 6 in it gets the same respect as one with an 8 unless it has some aftermarket speed parts on it such as intake, exhaust manifolds, etc.. I have a tendency to dismiss 6 bangers when at cruises and shows. Probably shouldn't, and maybe others don't. however, that being said, if your truck came stock with the 6 and you are doing a good restoration to stock, then you should keep the 6 and detail it to stock appearance.
when I see a completely restored pickup with beauty rings, OEM color scheme, original interior, flaw less engine compartment with decals and all that just tops all in my opinion. But, if thats not the case... yank it and up your HP
Old 09-09-2011, 07:34 AM   #27
louaxtjr

Re: 350 or inline 6???

I'd consider the 292 inline 6. Just completed an overbored 292 with Offy intake, Holley 4 barrel and true dual exhaust in my 69 longbed fleet and I am amazed at the torque. Makes for a fun-to-drive truck that is capable of good fuel economy with the right transmission/rear end gearing. Mine was done on a budget and with durability a priority.

Yes, V-8's are easier to come by, but there is a surprising amount of info and parts available for the inlines if you know where to look. Check out http://www.stoveboltengineco.com/
http://www.cliffordperformance.net/M...&Store_Code=CP

Good luck!
tows a 1966 Airstream Tradewind
louaxtjr is offline   Reply With Quote