The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-11-2003, 01:18 AM   #1
orange72350

Angry Bummmed Out

Its been a trying few days. Last night, finished the rebuilt engine, took it out fer a spin. not withing five minutes the cops had me pulled over with a ticket for stunting. bummer. my fault though. so anyway, engine wasnt running right. carb was way out of adjustment. fixed that. water pump bearings have finally packed it in. get to go buy a new one tommorow. alternator stopped charging, dead as a doorknob. fuel pump has developed a leak.all parts that can be found no problem. crusing round tonite, and some idiot in a ricer runs a red light. smash the brakes, stop fine, let out a few bad words at the idiot, and try to drive away. front right brake seems to stuck almost all the way on.damn. so, i get a tow truck,, get it to the shop i work at. take off wheels, caliper seems to be seized sorta. bleed off pressure, wiggle caliper back and forth, working the brake pads. get everything working good!! go out fer a drive later tonite, and just get on the brakes a little at a stop sign, and they seize up a little. do the reverse forward reverse forward thing, get it loose(i thought) and start the 2 mile drive home. on the way, things start a stinking. front passenger side brake is still stuck on. parked it. gonna order a new caliper,rotor and pads tommorow morning. im just so frustrated.argghhhhhhhhhh. yuck. more $$$ spent. i think its a problem with the caliper, and not the master cylinder, but i could be wrong. could someone help me out please??? sorry for the long post, just really frustrated. thanx
dale

2000 skiddo mxz 700. Camoplast 1.5 inch track, jaws twin pipes, b+b can, custom built and weighted clutch, wiseco piston, high comp heads. its very fast. wow.

72 c-10 longbox. Bright Orange. Brand new 350, rv cam, performer intake, qjet, headers, 2 1/2 inch exhaust into hooker areo chamber mufflers. Body work coming soon.

"dont let yer mind wander, its to little to go places by itself."

"Forget the herse, cause i'll never die"-ACDC Back In Black

"If It's To Loud, Yer Just Too Old"

"I Love Anything Fast Enough To Do Something Stupid In"

"Instant idiot, just add beer!!""
orange72350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 01:23 AM   #2
70cst10_05

dang that sucks, cant help ya out w/ the problems, but keep us informed when all the fun stuff starts happenin.
1972 Chevy Suburban K/10

2019 Silverado 2500 Duramax

Kevin
70cst10_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 01:34 AM   #3
casey

If its just the one front then I'll bet its that caliper, I know the feeling when you just want to get cruisin and you haven't worked the bugs out yet, you shouldn't of thought of it as a cruise but more as a test drive, you'll get it right , just takes alittle time good luck, Oh I remember getting one of those stunting tickets once in Reddeer, the cops didn't like it when I came out of the car wash, and started burning donuts, heck I was just drying the tires off, they spin so nice when there a little wet
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 01:38 AM   #4
orange72350

i know waht u mean bout car washes, got pinched there once too, came out, swung the rear end around, went to far, ended up in the oppisite lane, going with the flow of traffic. cop saw it, let me off cause he liked my truck. i was prettty happy bout that. but this ticket just killed my insurance. it went way up. sucks man.
dale

2000 skiddo mxz 700. Camoplast 1.5 inch track, jaws twin pipes, b+b can, custom built and weighted clutch, wiseco piston, high comp heads. its very fast. wow.

72 c-10 longbox. Bright Orange. Brand new 350, rv cam, performer intake, qjet, headers, 2 1/2 inch exhaust into hooker areo chamber mufflers. Body work coming soon.

Old 08-11-2003, 11:05 AM   #5
jhow66

Crack open the bleeder on that wheel. If it releases, change the brake hose as it is breaking up inside shutting the fluid from returning to the MC when you take foot off brake.
jhow66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 11:51 PM   #6
orange72350

ttt

Old 08-12-2003, 12:24 AM   #7
Blue4x4

Sounds like you had a bad day. I had one just the other day......after being gone 5 months in the war I returned to finish my truck for hot august nights. Thursday my sons friend scratched my new paint job with his bike, damn I only had 53 miles on the truck. But he has nice parents and they are paying the $220.00. As for your brakes.......not sure what is going on there. But I did buy brakes for my other vehicle and after 10 miles or so they would start to heat up. Come to find out, the brakes were built wrong...they were to thick. Good luck
Attached Images

Blue4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 01:48 AM   #8
firedog

i agree with the brake hose i had that exact same problem put new caliper brakes and rotors on still locked up bought new hoses problem solved
Tach/tilt/buddy buckets
Bagged/18" Wheels
Black on Black

Project "Pandemic" the Farm Rat
1927 Chevy Capitol Truck Rat rod
'30 Model A Frame
Dual Carb 5.3 LS
http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=804162

2007 GMC 4 DOOR 2WD
BUILT 5.3 STAGE 3 CAM 93 TUNE
LIFTED 22X12 WHEELS 33" TIRES

2023 Jeep RENEGADE
Wifes ride
firedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 10:42 AM   #9
400ex

I agree with the above suggestions. If your calipers are in fair condition they should be ok.

I was driving around college and my left front locked up, smoke was pouring out from the fender. Bought a new caliper for because I was afraid the heat may have warped it. Changed out the hose because it was in bad shape.

Curious, I ran wire through it in the direction of flow to the wheel when the brakes are applied; no problem. But when I ran the wire up the hose from the wheel fitting, I hit a major blockage.

The rubber inside the hose came loose and acted as a one way valve. It would let pressure in the caliper, but when the fluid tried to flow back, the rubber piece fell down and would not release brake pressure.

James
400ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 10:48 AM   #10
Randy70C-10
Account Suspended

Blue, new paint jobs must be a magnet for bicycles. I've had that happen before too.

As far as the brakes, one of my brakes locked up on the Model A last year, it was the caliper. Put a new one on, no problems since.
Randy70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote