The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-12-2003, 07:16 AM   #1
BigAlVB

Opinions requested

Hello all! I'm going to look at a 1989 Chevy C3500 Crewcab Silverado dually 3+3 tonight. It is a 4X4 and has a 454 with only 82000 miles and a TH400, I'm assuming it has 4.10 or 4.11 gears. It is charcoal gray over red in the middle (down the side). Has a big topper on it painted charcoal to match. Supposedly the owner is the second owner and it came originally from Arizona and also spent time in Cali--no Michigan winters yet. Has a red (burgundy?) interior and has had some interior work done to the seats. Has the cool Suburban front grille, like my 1991, and has stainless simulators, cab clearance lights, tailgate marker lights, all the goodies.
Owner is asking $10,500 right now. Said he just dropped the price, from what I'm not sure. I've seen a dozen or so pics of it, looks good so far. I'll, of course, know more tonight.
What do I look for? Is that a good price? Let me know what you all think!
Old 08-12-2003, 08:15 AM   #2
Physh1

IMO for 10,500 it better be in really really clean shape. If it's clean and the truck doesn't look overly worn than it's probably fair but I would try to get him down on price a bit.

Cameron
Old 08-12-2003, 10:27 AM   #3
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

if youre meeting this guy at night make sure ya bring a flashlight and really inspect the hell outta it....10500 seems a bit high and make sure he can document what he says i know guys who clean stuff and make stories to rival aesops fables when dealing with homes and cars they sell

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 08:37 PM   #4
BigAlVB

Well, well, well... I went and looked at it. Definitely not any rust BUT... Maybe for $6K or $7K--definitely not $10, 500! It has a nice repaint all over but, and I'm being serious, it looks like Freddy Kreuger took his glove to the hood, cowl and roof! I can't even imagine what did that. Also both dually fenders were damaged, the pass side being the worst. Dash all cracked to he#@ but covered with a carpeted dash cover and the 4 buttons on the drivers door that control all the windows was completely missing, just wires hanging out of the hole.
It has to be more like 180,000 or someone beat the snot out of it.
Oh well, I found a beautiful '97 ext cab Silverado K3500 during the trip so, who knows? It only has 50K miles on it and looks very clean! 454 V8 and all the goodies (Silverado). We'll see what happens.
Old 08-13-2003, 08:54 PM   #5
Razorback_Fan

Bummer

Hate to hear you wasted your time, been there done that real drag.

Want a free xbox 360 elite go here to see how http://geocities.com/razorbackfan90/
Razorback_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote