The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-24-2011, 07:25 PM   #26
becarp@up.net

Re: 72 C-10 new crate motor installed, have questions on the late model serpintine be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Holloway View Post
Hey guys looking for some help, I have a 72 sw c-10 i've recently installed a 330hp 350 HO Delux Crate motor from Chevy dealer. rigged it up at the time with old brakets and vee belts to get me running. i have recently purchased the SB Serpintine belt drive system deluxe W/air to install on the front of this motor to help with belt slipage. this system comes complete with all brackets, PS pump, 105 amp Altinater, Air compressor, reverse water pump, and pullies and belt needed. i'm ok with all that, but what i'm interested in knowing is: 1. is there any difference in the late model and early(stock) power steering pump? will the hoses connect and pumps serve the same purpose? 2: will the late model altinater connect to existing wiring? any help would be appreciated.. thanks guys..
Allen,

Did you consider the ZZ4? If so why did you go with the 350HO? I can't make the call.
becarp@up.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 07:53 PM   #27
wwotr

Re: 72 C-10 new crate motor installed, have questions on the late model serpintine be

Quote:
Originally Posted by becarp@up.net View Post
Allen,

Did you consider the ZZ4? If so why did you go with the 350HO? I can't make the call.
Went with the GM Crate ZZ383/425 in my 67 C-10.
IT WAS A FU**ING BEAST!
Attached Images

back in November of 2011.
I don't visit the site much anymore,
but please feel free,
to drop me a private message.
RIP...."RATIKLE"
wwotr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:00 PM   #28
cparman
sharp as a marble

should be a no brainer. Did the same motor, and serp belt swap to my Blazer. You will need to get some help with the connector to the alternator to wire it to make it charge. I also removed the fitting from the existing power steering pump and installed it into the new pump for it to accept the existing P/S pressure hose. Pics, coming if i can
Attached Images

cparman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:23 PM   #29
dfwright

This may be a stupid question, but I assume the "SB Serpentine belt drive system deluxe W/air" is a kit from the Dealer as well?

Deconstruction began 5/2009, mostly completed restoration, 5/2017
dfwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:42 PM   #30
becarp@up.net

You did a great job. May be too much motor for me, but it looks really, really great. I was worried the ZZ4 would be too much, but after seeing yours, it should be no issue.

Any thoughts on the 350 HO vs. ZZ4, being but in a 1972 Chev 4WD, short box, Turbo 350, 4.10 gears?
becarp@up.net is offline   Reply With Quote