The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-29-2011, 10:38 AM   #1
dliving69

Help please

Okay so I was cleaning up my engine and I found some things I am not to sure what they are? First pic is in the air cleaner and has two hoses under going into it..and then the second is on front of carb but doenst have any hose to it or anything..??
Attached Images

dliving69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:14 AM   #2
a.c.ward

Re: Help please

been a while since I have seen a truck still equiped with a stock air cleaner. the white AC Delco piece on the air cleaner is for vacuum control for the emissions control system. the connector on the carb is for the carbon canister, usually mounted on the inner fender, near the core support. going out on a limb here, is your truck a '72? IIRC, that was the first years of the emissions control systems for these trucks. Again, I usually work on "go fast" stuff for customers, and not original in any way, so just a old school guess.....

66 El Camino

67 SWB underwent major Surgery- http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=776475
a.c.ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:54 AM   #3
dliving69

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.c.ward View Post
been a while since I have seen a truck still equiped with a stock air cleaner. the white AC Delco piece on the air cleaner is for vacuum control for the emissions control system. the connector on the carb is for the carbon canister, usually mounted on the inner fender, near the core support. going out on a limb here, is your truck a '72? IIRC, that was the first years of the emissions control systems for these trucks. Again, I usually work on "go fast" stuff for customers, and not original in any way, so just a old school guess.....
Its a 69 c10. but the engine is from a 78 monte carlo 5.0L 305. Now what do I need to do with that open connector. I dont see where it could possibly go..pictures would help greatly. Now on the air cleaner deal. Plan is to get a new one, but Do I need to do since I have that vacume control and such? Does it have to be hooked up?
Old 09-29-2011, 12:20 PM   #4
a.c.ward

cap off the carb, dont hook up the stuff on the air cleaner. no issues at all. just make sure that the cap on the carb to keep the vacuum inside the carb, and not the atmosphere.

can run like that for a long time, just keep the vacuum capped. if not, your engine will run sluggish. cap it off, all is good.

keep us up to date on this project, sounds kinda cool

66 El Camino

67 SWB underwent major Surgery- http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=776475
a.c.ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:24 PM   #5
dliving69

Thanks alot! Its nice to have people help since Im new to this and all. Trying to learn as I go.