The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-12-2011, 01:00 PM   #1
Sweet 72

PARTING OUT 1972 Suburban Custom Deluxe "optioned out"

I'm curious if it would be worth my time to part this suburban out. I would prefer to keep completely in tacked, but just curious if there would be any interest in suburban parts.

Here are some details.

This was originally sold here in Oregon. Portland, Oregon and stayed in Portland until I brought it to Bend last month.
This has and comes with a paper trail that goes all the way back to the original selling dealer inspection sheet. In service date is 2/8/72.
Comes with lots of factory GM upgrades.

Possitraction rear-end. Tilt steering column. All windows are factory tinted. In dash A/C. Rear mounted A/C. Middle and Rear seats. Ect... please check out photos of build in glovebox.

Has power disc brakes, power steering, rear drum brakes, cruise control, GM Goodwrench 350 (receipts show GM forged steel crank) v8 engine w/HEI, 350 auto transmission, nine sets of factory seat belts, rear hatch and tailgate, original spare tire and wheel, GM Truck rally wheels, 235/75/15 tires.

Engine oil and filter changed w/mobile one synthetic. Coolant flushed and replaced (radiator has small leak upper side of radiator). Brake fluid flushed. Power steering fluid flushed. A/C belt removed, original compressor, system seems to still be under pressure when pressing in schrader valve. Has clutch fan. HEI distributor. Deluxe upper and lower trim. Custom deluxe side markers.

Lowered suspension.

Comes with original owners manual, original warranty with protecto plate still attached, speed control manual and warranty card, misc receipts dating from the 70's-90's when it finally went into dry storage.

Turns lots of heads, and gets lots of comments from by-standards.
Please check out all my photos. A complete walk around inside, outside, over, under ect...
copy and paste this link...

http://photobucket.com/whiteburb4sale

Any questions please email or call.
Jason
541-771-1977
Thanks
Attached Images

Last edited by Sweet 72; 10-12-2011 at 01:22 PM. Reason: adding to title
Sweet 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:03 PM   #2
gcburdic
Restoration Virgin!

Re: PARTING OUT 1972 Suburban Custom Deluxe "optioned out"

Dang Jason....It's just so nice to see it in its original state how about I give you double what you paid for it There are some sought after parts on this like the tilt column...maybe $225-$275, the posi axle $350-$400, seats maybe $50-$75, unfortunately there isn't a lot of good big sheet metal pieces, but you could make some cuts for any necessary needs for a little $$$....the doors look ok, maybe $75-$100 each, engine/ tranny $500-$700...etc....I know you said you have some time on your hand, but know the big stuff could be a pain and cost prohibitive to ship, and you living on the west coast, there's an abundant amount of good sheet metal available from what I hear....so with your available time and the ability to get your money's worth back plus more it could be worth your time.....I know some would cringe, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do!!!....Hope my insight helps a little bit with whatever decision you make

1972 Custom Deluxe C20 Suburban A Suburban Named Isabella

1966 Ford Mustang Mama's High School Graduation Present
gcburdic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:56 PM   #3
70-Shorty

i can't believe you get no interest in selling it intact. Its almost a crime to cut up or part out something that nice. What were you trying to get for it in its present condition?
Tim
02 Ford F-150 Harley-Davidson supercharged 5.4
2000 Harley Roadking Hot Bike Baggers Mag Shoot
http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/i...oot/?start=all
some truck lettering & flame jobs
http://www.flickr.com/photos/4950319...7602894916215/
70-Shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:03 PM   #4
Sweet 72

Geoff... thanks for the info. Much appreciated. Nice to have some sort of idea.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:07 PM   #5
Sweet 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70-Shorty View Post
i can't believe you get no interest in selling it intact. Its almost a crime to cut up or part out something that nice. What were you trying to get for it in its present condition?
Tim
It bid up to $2950 on ebay. I just listed it on Craigslist today in my local town for $4400 obo.
I would like to get $3500 (I'm also not going to turn away any reasonable offer on it though) for it to go towards a four wheel drive 3/4 ton.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:18 PM   #6
70-Shorty

that seems nuts for a reasonably solid running driving sub like that,what a bargain, again, i guess the economy sucking has everything to do with it. I have a 2002 Ford HD F-150, a 63 Nova SS, my 70 Halfton and my Harley roadking, which is pretty much too many vehicles to insure & drive in So Cal. I sure wish i could afford your Sub tho. I hope you sell it intact, but like Geoff said, you gotta do what u gotta do. Good luck and i hope it goes to a new home who appreciates it.
Tim
02 Ford F-150 Harley-Davidson supercharged 5.4
2000 Harley Roadking Hot Bike Baggers Mag Shoot
http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/i...oot/?start=all
some truck lettering & flame jobs
http://www.flickr.com/photos/4950319...7602894916215/
70-Shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:29 PM   #7
Sweet 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70-Shorty View Post
that seems nuts for a reasonably solid running driving sub like that,what a bargain, again, i guess the economy sucking has everything to do with it. I have a 2002 Ford HD F-150, a 63 Nova SS, my 70 Halfton and my Harley roadking, which is pretty much too many vehicles to insure & drive in So Cal. I sure wish i could afford your Sub tho. I hope you sell it intact, but like Geoff said, you gotta do what u gotta do. Good luck and i hope it goes to a new home who appreciates it.
Tim
I as well believe the economy is effecting this sale and a lot of other sales. Although there are some great buys out there because of this economy.
I may just send it back to ebay without a reserve price and just sell it on there. I really don't think I want to deal with shipping the larger items. Plus its a shame to part such a complete burb as this one.