The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-03-2011, 08:40 AM   #1
chad64chevy

Re: my '64 c-10 swb project with steel floor from a '70

hey thanks fryer, for the comments! i know what you mean about staying motivated, not to many people comment on anything i do (good or bad), the hydro boost i bought new off ebay! the guy didnt spell things right, so there was no bids on it! i got it for just under $100, the master cylinder is worth almost that so i think it was a good deal! the headers i got are dynomax blackjack headers for a chevelle, i hope they work! a friend gave them to me when he got his ceramic coated headers! have you been doing anything to tanya? or have you just been doing your car club stuff?
chad64chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:39 AM   #2
fryer1979
Redneck Hillbilly

Re: my '64 c-10 swb project with steel floor from a '70

No worries my friend, I like to watch all the guys building on budgets like mine. Not hating on the pros and high dollar trucks, they just don't do much for motivation for a guy with no money (but they sure are nice to look at). Your Chevelle headers should work just fine actually, if I were to swap to an auto tranny that was what I was planning to use. They should even give you a little better ground clearance over the truck headers. Unfortunately Tanya has not seen much love recently, some club stuff, and some just life. Plus I am working a spot this quarter that has me filling in for people who are on leave of one kind or another so my days off change quite a bit. Hopefully here I can get back to work on her, parts are piling up and she needs some big adjustments to make a better daily driver. Keep it up bud!
fryer1979 is offline   Reply With Quote