The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-02-2011, 07:50 PM   #1
chainsaw

what color interior

I should be ready for paint when it gets warm again. I'm going stock light blue with a white top. What color would look best for the interior blue or white ? Thanks.
chainsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:25 PM   #2
MisterC

Re: what color interior

It's all a matter of personal choice. Personally, I would continue the blue throughout and accent the steering wheel and other parts in white. Many prefer the stock fawn.
Posted via Mobile Device
350 V-8 - Powerglide

My not so much a build thread as a "Slow Progression Thread":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=486894
MisterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:52 PM   #3
pdxhall

I'm going with a somewhat similar paint scheme on my 66, although not stock blue and I'm thinking the earlier silver metalic for the interior. I just don't think the stock fawn looks as good with blue. No offense to any that have done that combination.l
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:47 PM   #4
jocko

I prefer the stock fawn with pretty much any color (no offense taken pdx! ). What year is your truck chainsaw? 66 had a slight change to the dash (flat/somewhat textured and a little darker) but rest of the interior remained fawn. Here's an idear what yours would looke like with light blue/white top + fawn interior (66 style) just in case you're still interested, or at least for a reference:

If you have your heart set on NON-stock looking interior, I'd go with blue before white - white might be a pain to take care of and keep clean.
Attached Images

jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:19 PM   #5
chainsaw

The trucks a 65. Is the fawn a solid or metalic. This will be my first complete paint job in 30 years and I was just wanting to shoot a single stage solid color. I was leaning to a blue int. But the fawn does look good. I'm not trying to keep it stock ,just thought the blue would be the easy way to go.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:45 PM   #6
Slow Build

Blue on the metal with gray carpet and seat.
Past GM Trucks:
1959 GMC short stepside
1968 GMC short stepside-4x4
1973 Chevy short stepside
1989 Chevy short fleetside-reg cab
1993 Chevy short fleetside-Xcab
2002 Chevy short fleetside-Xcab

Save the dinosaurs, use synthetic oil.
Slow Build is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:14 AM   #7
oem4me

If I was given the choice between blue or white, I would choose fawn. Just kidding ...but not really. I once had a 63 and did a complete resto job including painting the interior to match the new exterior light tan and off-white color scheme. It came out really slick and looked nicely balanced. That was my first truck about thirty years ago. Since then, I think I've grown up a bit and my taste has also.
Today, when I look back at that whole effort, I would not do anything any differently except the interior paint. Yep, I should have gone with the factory fawn. To me presently, few things are worse than a glossy, gaudy interior paint job. OOF! The factory had it right. Lots of choices for exterior, one color for the interior. Satin fawn is understated and classy and looks good with nearly anything. Always has, always will. Go fawn.
oem4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:04 AM   #8
Corts60
Just here to tinker

I think we all knew where you were going to stand on this one OEM....

This was the interior of my old '60 and I was quite fond of how the paint scheme was carried into the cab:

Corts60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:48 PM   #9
chainsaw

corts60, love your interior, that was the look I was going for. But now Im looking at jockos fawn interior and its looking real good also. Guess I'll have to decide which way to go. Like Tim Allen said, the most important decision in a mans life is what color to paint his car (or truck).
Old 11-04-2011, 09:41 AM   #10
srziemkowski

I agree with the blue / white interior
Attached Images

srziemkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:53 AM   #11
kieth

chainsaw you are correct the blue would be the easy way to go, I painted mine medium fawn metalic and I like it, but what a PITA , lots of masking, paint it all blue if you are not doing a accurate restoration, if its a retro rod, take the easy way out. If its supposed to be done back stock then it is a lot more work and you will need to find out what plant your truck was built in and then it really gets crazy, I had to paint my firewall med fawn metalic .........Kieth-----gmc built in pontiac michigan.
kieth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:51 AM   #12
chainsaw

Tulsa, my home town, 56th & Harvard. I'm 95% sure I'll go with the blue as its not going to be stock and I thought I could shoot the inside & out at the same time without having to tape & retape the jams. I'm trying to make it as straight as possible but I know its only going to be a 10 -20 footer at best.