The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-01-2011, 10:11 PM   #1
Chargerrt

New from FL

My name is Tim. I am a mopar guy and a ASE master tech for 30 years. But when my son got his permit when he turned 15 he said he wanted a truck. He turned 17 yesterday and for the last 2 years I have told him he can buy any dodge he wants. But a few weeks ago one of the guys I work with gave my son a 66 C10 stepside. My co-worker did a side job for someone and the guy gave him the truck. He told my son he would give it to him since he thought he was a good kid. The truck needs quite a bit but I am sure we can handle it. We are here to see what swaps in, see what others are doing, and to look for parts. The truck doesn't run but has a 350 and powerglide in it. I use the name chargerrt on 2 dodge forums so I figured why not here as well. I have a 68 Dodge Charger R/T I bought off my brother in 85 and he bought it in 80. So its been around the family for a while. It still sports its factory paint and looks good going down the road. It is a factory 440 4 speed in red. I also have a pair of Dodge Daytona Iroc R/T's one 92 and one 93. They are a 2.2 twin cam turbo. Its the first 4 valve per cylinder engine dodge built. The head was designed by Lotus for dodge and for 135 cubic inches has 224 hp stock and sure is fun to drive and gets 32 mpg if you stay out of the boost. So over the next few weeks my son (Donald) and I will be pulling the 66 apart. His mom and me got him some shiny parts for his truck for his birthday. Thanks for reading this.
Tim
Chargerrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:40 AM   #2
Kurt L

Re: New from FL

welcome from jacksonville fl theres alot of great people here and ton of knowledge. go ahead jump on in and get your feet wet.
Kurt L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:50 AM   #3
jayman68
Fun Stuff

Welcome from NW Washington. Congrats on the new addition. Good luck on the project. There is lots of good info here. What swaps in is only limited by your imagination and skills. There is some good info on helping it handle better,
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=419251
Good luck

68 C10(project)
88 Honda Accord(DD)
93 Chevy Astro EXT 2wd
jayman68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:55 PM   #4
Chargerrt

thanks guys. I will check out the link.
Tim
Chargerrt is offline   Reply With Quote