The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-18-2011, 09:17 PM   #1
weircc

Who makes nice kick panels

Im looking for some kick panels that i can install speakers in who makes them other than lmc i dont really care for them
weircc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:41 PM   #2
youngrodder

Re: Who makes nice kick panels

Make your own...I'm in the process of making my own and this will be my first set. Google custom kick panels and you will get all sorts of ideas..

Good luck
Marc

1948 Chevy Truck - Finished SOLD!!

1953 Chevy Suburban "Family Truckster" Completed: Spring of 2021
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=605484

1994 4x4 Blazer - "Field Find"
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...ferrerid=30857
youngrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:56 PM   #3
tubbedII
needs more $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngrodder View Post
Make your own...I'm in the process of making my own and this will be my first set. Google custom kick panels and you will get all sorts of ideas..

Good luck
Marc
X2...I as well don't care for the store bought versions since they don't point the speaker in the optimal position (towards head level and cab center is optimal) and they are made of ABS plastic. I plan to do mine as well in a couple months. There's a good thread specific to our trucks in the audio forum with good pics.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:43 PM   #4
WAAF
Account Suspended

I have custom autosound kick panels that I added my speakers to..
they are plastic .and easy to cover if you want.. and if foot e brake it needs to be tweaked..
the type that aims at you. are nice.. but go sit in your truck.. and look.. if you build those type . the foot area gets mighty small..
I have q forms in my monty SS and kick them allot..
just something to think about.. yes the soundstage is better aimed at you but.. if you end up kicking the crap out of them... oh and the upward angle so nice for catching rocks and sand that bounces nicely in the cone..
just another fyi
WAAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:07 PM   #5
weircc

ill check the audio forum i am a carpenter lol prolly should just make some e brake wont b an issue cause im not putting one in my truck
weircc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:17 PM   #6
tubbedII
needs more $$$

My issues with the ABS versions are they seem to be just panels with holes and not a real enclosure. They are not very deep, which may not be an issue, but could possibly limit speaker choice. Lastly, they don't have a provision for a tweeter so you're limited to a coaxle vs a component style speaker.

I know these speakers aren't subs, but they typically are the main source for mid bass, so anything you can do to improve that is worth it if you ask me. I would imagine that a true fiberglass enclosure would out perform a ABS panel, but hey...maybe I'm wrong...wouldn't be the 1st time!

The real estate they take up is something to think about, so I'm going to be blocking the vents and not running a p-brake. My goal will be to mount them as high as possible to get the most foot room.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:04 PM   #7
WAAF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubbedII View Post
My issues with the ABS versions are they seem to be just panels with holes and not a real enclosure. They are not very deep, which may not be an issue, but could possibly limit speaker choice. Lastly, they don't have a provision for a tweeter so you're limited to a coaxle vs a component style speaker.

I know these speakers aren't subs, but they typically are the main source for mid bass, so anything you can do to improve that is worth it if you ask me. I would imagine that a true fiberglass enclosure would out perform a ABS panel, but hey...maybe I'm wrong...wouldn't be the 1st time!

The real estate they take up is something to think about, so I'm going to be blocking the vents and not running a p-brake. My goal will be to mount them as high as possible to get the most foot room.
all true,, the 6.5 seperates I used where a little deeper than the abs molded kick. but when screwed down you'd never know it.. as far as them not being big enough for mid bass, the angled ones are not big enough either..
if thats what you want, best place is lower doors.. dyna mat the outer and inner, fiberglass insulation or rubberfoam waterproof and a port.
WAAF is offline   Reply With Quote