The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-15-2011, 02:12 PM   #1
55metalmonkey

silverado seat question

I know there are a few threads on seats already but I'm looking for info on 02-06 Silverado seats (I think that’s the years)
I'm leaning towards putting in these seats in my 55 GMC (TF) since they have integrated shoulder belts, I know some people prefer bench style but I don't (not on this one anyway)
My plan so far is for a pair of bucket seats with a custom center console.
So my questions are:

A: Does anyone have any pics of a pair fitted in a TF?

B: roughly how much room is left in between for a center console?

C: how much room is left behind the seat?

D: How much room is there from the seat back to the dash? (not steering wheel)

Pics would be great

Thanks
55metalmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:51 PM   #2
FFredo

Re: silverado seat question

I'm at work so can't get a pic right now. I have a set in my 59.
Not much room between the seats but since you're going custom center console why not.
Not much room behind the seats however I am removing the stock gas tank so there will be pleanty of room soon.
I sit comfortably in the truck right now and enjoy the heck out of the power seat option.
I'll take a cpl of pics later today or tomorow
FFredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:34 PM   #3
55metalmonkey

Thanks,

I have basically a clean slate on my interior right now with the exception of a mid 60's caddy tilt/ telescopic steering wheel and column and a 70's ish staple shifter from a Elcamino.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:53 PM   #4
FFredo

Sorry no pics tonight, however if you have clean slate it wont be hard to make them work for you. I did have to make risers for all four corners of each seat so I could get the motors off the floor baords. Other then that it was pretty straight forward.
FFredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:19 AM   #5
55metalmonkey

I'm in no huge hurry for pics, I have a few (seems like a few thousand) things to do before it goes out to paint then I'll tackle the interior. I just like to plan ahead and start sourcing out a good set in the color I want and sketch ideas for the console.

Good to know on the seat bases, I did have a set of 90's Monte Carlo seats in for a while but didn't like the idea of drilling into the cab for shoulder belts and also having to fish in some reinforcing plates to make them strong enough, The seats looked decent enough but just wasn't what I wanted
Old 12-17-2011, 11:59 AM   #6
Speedbumpauto

Mine are out of a 2000 I think, but measurments are very close to the same as the ones in my 2005 Duramax except they don't have the built in shoulder belt. I had to fabricate/weld seat belt brackets including the 3rd point in the cab side since I wanted 3 point belts. You can see how I modified the stock brackets, simple really, and they fit really well. I even found a simple console at the U Pull It that actually fits. Believe it or not, it's out of a Ford Windstar van. You only have about 7 inches between seats by the time you get close to center on the steering wheel. I actually had to do a little offsetting of the steering to get what I wanted, but that's a story for another day.
Attached Images

Speedbumpauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:01 PM   #7
Speedbumpauto

I also wanted to use as many factory holes as possible. You might be able to make the brackets more simply.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:01 PM   #8
55metalmonkey

Thanks, I was looking at your seat pics in another thread but am unsure if the 2000 seats and 02-06 seats are the same. does yours have armreats on both sides of the seat? is so that would make my colsole plans pretty easy

Looks like there is tons of room for what I want to do, how much room is between the seats? I'm thinking 10" but thats just a guess
Old 12-19-2011, 02:57 PM   #9
Speedbumpauto

Armrests only on the inner for both just like my 05 Silverado. Closer to 7" for mine, which is why the little console is such a good find. You can move the seats outboard a little more than I did, but I didn't want to encroach on the running board area at all as it makes the seat belt installation better for me.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:03 PM   #10
55metalmonkey

Cool, Do you have any pics with both seats in?
with 7" between the seats I may have to change my plans a bit on the console but shouldn't have much of a problem coming up with something.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:27 PM   #11
Speedbumpauto

Somehow I don't have a pic with both seats in and the cab is at the paint guys right now so I won't get any until final assembly starts.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:48 PM   #12
55metalmonkey

thanks anyway, I know what you mean. I take 1000's of pics but still seem to miss taking one of some things.
guess I'm going to the wreckers with a tape measure. I'm still a couple weeks away from this step with Christmas around the corner.
Thanks
can't wait to see yours painted