The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-26-2011, 05:24 PM   #26
old man jimmy

Re: Towing an Airstream-Would I Be Happy?

Yea Firebird, those wheels were a joke. Sometimes they'd jam behind a big rock and just bring everything to a screeching halt. I eventually changed gears, and just turned the truck into a bed. If you don't mind doing without all the creature comforts, that did and still does work great. Cut up an old cabin tent for summer outings. And just used the truck for winter hunts.(With cat. heater) Have to crawl in and out the back hatch. But that's no problem, When it's open you shut the latchs, and lower it carful so it don't latch. For many years I'd watch the hunters park their motor homes etc. down in the valleys, hop in their jeeps and drive for an hour to start hunting. I was hunting as soon as I woke up. Not for everybody, but if I see another human when I'm camping.. I'm in the wrong place. Sorry about getting off track on the thread, but may give somebody ideas. Took me 40 years to evolve into this way, and couldn't be happier. I know you guys like pictures. This is what I call camping. Hope all had a great Christmas...
Attached Images

old man jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 07:57 PM   #27
Firebirdjones

Re: Towing an Airstream-Would I Be Happy?

I like it. Nothing like getting out away from it all. Thanks for sharing.
Firebirdjones is offline   Reply With Quote